Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

anyone else under 20?

hi,

i'm 18 years old and going to be a mum in june to my first baby. i was just wondering if there are any other women under 20 that go on this chat? it just feels like im the only one and my mum makes me feel really depressed about the fact that im 18 and having a baby :\( anyone else feel the same?

Replies

• Thanks for telling me that. When my family found out that i was pregnant some of them were really shocked.

When me and my boyfriend found out that i was pregnant and wanted to keep the baby, he started looking for a job. He's got one now so things are going well for us. My mum says that as soon as the baby arrives that he's going to up and leave, but i know he won't, i can tell that because of how much effort and care he's putting into this situation. image

It's glad to know that when you were my age you had your first baby and now nearly 3 years on your still happy with your choice. I guess it makes me happy knowing that i'll be happy as well. :\)

Thank you! x x
  • Hi Samii, I'm 18 too! I'm turning 19 in April and I had my daughter Maddie when I was 17 (was pregnant at 16).

She is now 17 months and I've been single since I found out I was pregnant, and my family were shocked too (of course). I finished school 7 weeks after she was born so that was a big achievement for me!

I feel older than I really am. After a while you tend to think of yourself more as a mum rather than a teenager! I think, anywayimage

good luck with your pregnancy, birth and all that comes afterwards!! xx
  • hi hunni, im due in june with my 1st baby, im 19, come join us in the 'my baby is due in june' forum, its alot more active than this one lol xx
  • Hey hun i was 17 when i fell pregnant and i gave birth to ID twin girls when i was 18 image They are 15months now ans there dad isnt around he cheated on me when i was 7mnth pregnant and i couldnt forgive him hed got the other girl pregnant and she had a little boy a few month after the twins were born. But my partner now has been a friend for a long time and hes raised the girls from them being 4 weeks old! Your partner seems to be really making an effort and my mum was the same so dissapointed in me thought that i was ruining my life!
    She said their dad would leave and she was right se gloated a bit and went mad when i got involved with my partner said that it wouldnt last and it wasnt fair to the girls and i couldnt ask him to raise someone elses babies etc....but 14mnth on were going strong totally in love and the girls love him as he does them!
    In fact its going so good that im now expecting my second set of twins in October image Happy & Healthy pregnancy for you and the things you miss your baby more than makes up for!! xxx
  • Wow two sets of twins, i bet your going to get really confused =p lol. I'm sorry to hear about what happeneed with your first partner, him doing that is not right, and while you were pregnant :\( but i'm glad to hear that things are looking up for you :\)

I'm glad that i'm able to talk to people that are around the same age as me and feel the same. My mum made me think that it was just me in this situation. But this just proves her wrong.

Thank you all for speaking to me on here image Good luck to everyone with their pregnancy image

x x

• Hiya

I am 17 years old. my family and friend are giving me support and my boyfriend is aswell. My baby is due in november. I am at college traning to be a mechanic but i don't know if i can do it anymore. I feel really happy about having my first baby.
  • hey im 20 and im 32 weeks pregnant i was more shocked then anyone when i found out i was pregnant my family were really happy about it and so was the dad but he got scared and left me but since then we have sorted it all out and are now looking 4ward to her being born =]
  • yes i am 17 and i am 7 weeks pregnant 8 weeks on thursday x
  • I had my first when I was 17, and my mum went mad and didn't speak to me for weeks, but after the initial shock she came round to it. I am now almost 20 and pregnant with my second, not the most ideal time but we'll make it work image x
  • hiya, im 17 and my baby is die on the 3rd november i really wanna speak to some young mums
  • seems im the youngest , im 16 - turning 17 but after my baby is born - shes due in julyy , Hmm . Your Mum shouldnt be putting that kind of pressure on youu, she should be happy that ur bf is beside u right now and not be worrying about the future just yet !! in the end everything will b ok , congratzzz hunn .
  • Hey, I'm due in June and I'm 17. image
    xxx
  • im 19 due in march, so ill be 20 when the baby comes along image
  • hiya i was 16 wen i had my 1st n then had my 2nd at 19 my mum was really disapointed wen i got pregnant with my daughter (1st pregnancy) but my boyfriend was so supportive through both of my pregnancies but i really found out who was my true mate wen i got pregnant they didnt wanna knw until she was born n then i only saw them twice but iv found a new group of friends who r also young mums hope every thing turns out ok 4 u n ur lil baby xx
  • hii, I'm 15 (please don't judge me) im 16 on sunday and im due in march. My family keep telling me the same thing over and over and it just makes me and my partner more motivated to prove them wrong image it's quite amusing actually because i live with my nan and he loves it when she gawps at him for being so supportive but she does keep reminding me that if he wants to he will leave. :/ and i suppose it's true but i don't think he will. image

When we found out i was pregnant i was really worried about what my family would say but after a while they came round. One of my main worries now is that my partner will get bored of my mood swings etc,, :L but whenever i mention it he says he woud never get bored because he loves me too much to care. Hmm, we'll see.
    Anyway congrats all and good luck image

Btw any tips on anthing would be much appreciated image xx
  • heya im 18 and 6 weeks pregnant with the first. my family and boyfriends family were supportive when we told them the news but took a while to convince my dad. at first i thought i would be too young to be a good mother and kept having negative thoughts. my friends were acting weird with me and think im so young but then i sat down and thought about what i wanted and realised why should i bother what i thought as long as my babys healthy. my boyfriend is really supportive. we have had our ups and downs and have be on and off like a light switch lol. but everyones supportive and help me feel more at ease. i do find it hard because i dont see my parents and live no where near them but feels good knowing that my mum is at the other end of the phone. :\)
  • Im 17 and 5 nd a half months pregnant ur mum shouldnt make u feel lyk that but it was probably just a shock 4 her just talk 2 her tel her how shes makein u feel xx
  • hey i am 17 and due in September with my first image..x
  • im 18 aswell, expecting my first baby in aug. I feel the same, its like i cant find any other young mums. Sometimes i feel older mums look down on you a bit!!! x
  • Hiye am kayleigh i was 17 when i 1st got pregnant with my little boy and nw i'm 18 n having another 1, i'm due on the 22nd of dacember, You shouldn't let anyone get you down, been pregnant is 1 of the most amazing things ever and being a mum is even better image x