Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Telling Parents!!! Eek

Hey Girls!!
Well, im 20 and expecting my first! Thing is I havent told my mum yet & im a little scared how shes gonna act!
Ive lived on my own since I was 17 and always supported myself through working & ive always been studying too!! Weve wanted a little one for a while and decided to try in january, and just by luck it happened straight away!! ANYWAY... lol... im not sure how my mum is going to react!!
How was your parents when you told them? Did they come roundif they wernt happy?
xxxx

Replies

• i found out i was pregnant at 19 unplanned. i found out on the thursday and told my mum on the monday. i didnt think she would be happy. i was watching telly with her, went up to phone friend who knew for some encouragement, went back down stairs and just said "mum im pregnant" she said "oh right, it is ..... and i said yes and she asked if he knew and i said no, so she just asked me what i wanted to do, i said keep it, and she said that i had to tell .... and unfortunatly i wouldnt be able to live at home with the baby as there was no room, which was fair enough really, and i knew she wasnt kicking me out,just stating facts,lol. so anyway i felt so much better after that, then it came to telling my dad who was at work when i told my mum. so anyway i went to my friends house, and waited until i knew he would have been home for long enough for my mum to tell him then i phoned and asked my mum if dad was cool with it, she said yes hes fine,come home :lol: so i did and all he said was he was no babysitting so i could go out and drink ect but since i had her nearly 4 years ago,i am now married (not to my LO father) and i see my parents every week and they phone nearly everyday, not to speak to me but to speak to LO! i didnt think my dad would be happy but since having her he is so in love with her and so is my mum! just tell her, even if it is over the phone you will feel so much more relaxed and your family will have long enough to come round if they dont like it to start with, good luck, keep us up to date x
  • thanks, u have made me feel so much better!! i guess i just dont want her to be dissapointed with me! im going to do it tomorow! ill let you know how it goes!! xx
  • I was too scared to tell my mum, so got my boyfriend to do it... was a big mistake! She was hurt that i hadnt told her, and annoyed she'd had to hear from him (she never did like him, and to be fair he is a total nob). She wasnt happy coz it was his and because she wanted me to do more with my life first (i was 20) but after a while she got used to the idea and began to get excited with me! It was so good to talk to my mum about pregnancy, birth etc and what to expect.
    Good luck xx