Forum home General Chat General chat

19 and trying

hey everyone, I'm officially back! I came on here a few months ago talking about my husband and i discussing whether to try or not. well, we are back!!!! We have officially been trying for a month now! I am 19 and my husband is 22, we got married at 16 and 20 (our anniversary is wed) and I have has so many problems with people mouthin me b/c of it, so it's nice to be able to talk to others in the same situation!! So anyway I have been to the Dr. and everything checks out so yay!!!!

Replies

• Hiya hun congrats on ttc, My fiancee and i had our first baby 16 months ago when i was 19 and he was 29, 10 years diff, and i got grief for being so young even my mum and dad wanted me 2 get rid of her, but im so glad i didnt 16 months down the line im the happiest iv ever been and we are trying for number 2, i hope all goes well and u get ur bfp soon!!
  • Hey how do you deal with the age difference?
    because im 17 and my partner is also more than 10 years older than me. We have been together a year but people still judge and i think this will be a problem when the baby comes (im 6months pregnant).
  • For example people call him a pervert and this really hurts because i was the one who initiated the relationship in the first place.
  • Hi cloe, i understand how you feel. When i was 15 i got with someone who was 32. I didnt look 15, but still got funny looks. We split up just before i turned 18. I didnt understand why people were so judgemental. Basically there is nothing you can do to change how other people feel about your relationship - they are entitled to their opinion - but you can learn not to care too much. Even better if you can find it amusing! I think it will probably be a bit better after you've had your baby as people may think you must be older than you look etc. Sorry cant be more help xx
  • hi cloe, i was 16 when i first got with my boyfriend and he was 25. I think as long as your happy in your relationship then it doesnt matter what anybody else says or thinks, just try your best to ignore it. I also think it gets better as you get older so in a year or two everyone will have got over the age diff plus you will look much older. I'm now 19 and we are still happy (and cant wait for a baby). Sorry for going on a bit lol xxxxxxx
  • hey ladies im 21 so im probably not in your situation right now i was 19 when i fell pregnant with my first child he was born october 07 im expecting no# 2 due one month after his 2nd birthday i got married at 18 and my husband is 7 years older than me, im not sure if people thought i was to young or not but i didnt honestly think bout it and i dont think it matters either if your happy and your confident in yourself to be a good parent to your child then bugger what everybody else thinks. my mum had me 18 n im fine i have a friend same age as me he had a son at 13 and supports his chlid hes not with the mother but still cares for his son he has a good job and is now married to another lady and has a second child. so it just goes to prove age doesnt matter x so good luck ladies with ttc and with your pregnancies x

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev312pf___.png

[Modified by: MummyDubeXxX on February 27, 2009 09:23 PM]