Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Getting older, will I want to do it all again ?

Hi,

I'm 34 now and have a wee boy who is 15months. Hubby and I are not in a position financially to have another baby right now.
I work 3.5 days a week and can only afford 1 lot of childcare. My mum helps out in the afternoons and at 60 I don't think she could, or would want to manage with 2 lo's.
We're only in a 2 bed, rented, and would need to think about moving. Can only just afford rent in a 2 bed never mind a 3 bed !

But I desparately want another baby. So hubby and I have agreed to review the situation when lo is in nursery in an assisted place so that would help with childcare costs. Maybe things will financially be different for us then.

But I'm worried I won't want to go through pregnancy and baby stage again when I'm 36 or older. My friends will all have had their babies and will have moved onto to ten pin bowling and pizza and I'll still be at soft play and puree !

Anyway just wanted a view from others who are a little bit older (although I don't see us as older but in comparison to majority on this site)Thanks ladies, S x

Replies

• Options
    Older mother??? compared to me you are a spring chicken.I had my first at 30 and I have just now had my second at 42.It is harder just because you are older and none of my friends have babies but I think the thought is scarier than the reality.My lo is now 6 mths and the first 6 weeks were a nightmare but now I'm so glad I did it ,I even think some of my friends a jealous.Seriously though if you really want one you will manage fine,don't let your age stop you.x