Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

crayola beginnings crayons

worry free, no caps to lose or swallow, shaped for little hands etc...... £5 for 3, you need 2 packs to get all 6 colours but you think 'it'll be worth it as they are designed for youngsters so it'll be all good', no, they are not, they piss ink everywhere! it is all over isaacs hands, his top and even pauls top from when he tried to clean him up! they are going back to boots tomorrow and i am demanding full refund, they are also meant to be washable, if that proves untrue, crayola will be paying for new tops.    rant over!

Replies

• oh no claire, i looked at those for luka's bday but didn't get in the end!
  • yes, leaky bloomin animals
  • Cameron got some for his birthday, he's used them loads and they've never been a problem!!

Maybe it's just a dodgy packet!!

• i thought they would be ideal,extra chunky for him to hold etc as we tried him with wax crayons but he just ate them!
  • My niece has these and thinks they are fab!!!

She wouldn't be without them, designs some fantastic pictures with them!

We have never had any problems, no leaks, no spillages etc. I will definitely be buying them for Bronwyn when the time comes!

You must have had a set from a dodgy batch!!!

• Glad someone else likes them Dawn!!
  • I think they're brilliant!!!!!
  • it was 2 packs as i brought all the colours
  • oh thats not good good luck with getting it sorted out
  • I think they're the ones Kas has!

She seems to love them for Tara and Amber certainly thought they were ideal for attempting to decorate Kas's walls!!!! xx xx

• lol tash, yes they are the ones i have.

i found them fine to use, taras still not into drawing, still likes putting everything in her mouth, but niamh adores them, even more than her own pens. they are more "inky" but niamh prefers that as they make nice patterns.

• Oh dear Claire hope it washes out.
  • Hi Claire,

How did you get on? my bosses little boy has these pens at work and has never had a problem - I always thought with Crayola being a well known brand they wouldnt usually have this problem! image

Oh er

• didnt manage to take them back today, kids have been proper gits so didnt manage to get out of the door! they are definately going back though!
  • For any stains i use Dylon stain remover (got it from savers) and its fab,removes wax,make up grass oils polish and adhesive. It also does ketchup,chocolate,gum,inks,nail varnish,pollen and emulsion paint.

I use it on my cream carpet when riley gets crayon on it and its also safe to use on silks.

Hope you are able to get them back to the shop and get your refund,go to caryola anyway and they may send you some free ones for the trouble.

• I thought Crayola were the best until I got Giotto super crayons.They are great for young kids and they can't be broken. Has anyone else tried them?

For cleaning most food and grass stains I soak things overnight in Arial for whites ( I use a tablet in warm water) and then wash them normally.