Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

A useful gadget from a Daddy to be for all you Mummys to be!

Hello everyone,

My name is Nick Bartlett and I've recently found out I'm going to be a Daddy for the first time!

My wife and I enjoy eating out and try to make an occasion of it at least once a week (I'm sure this will end when our baby is here!) When she became pregnant we were faced with one of the worrying questions all mums-to-be ask:

"What food should I be avoiding now I'm pregnant?"

Well, we asked exactly that. We asked friends, family and Mums for their advice. Some was conflicting and we decided the best thing to do was to buy a book and check out the Internet. However, this isn't handy when you're out and about and instantly want to know whether eating a mozzarella salad is safe!

In my day job I am a software programmer and decided to develop an Application for the iPhone so that my wife and I always had this information to hand in a convenient and easily accessible App.

The Application is called 'Pregnancy - Foods to Avoid,' and lists the most common foods that should be avoided or limited during pregnancy, as well as providing useful information about how to safely prepare food. The App has been developed in conjunction with Mums-to-be and with the aid of NHS pregnancy publications. The concise colour coded guide lets you know instantly whether the type of food should be avoided i.e. alcohol is listed in 'red' with an explanation about the dangers associated with consuming alcohol whilst pregnant.

We have found this App to be a useful tool and hope you will too.

'Pregnancy - Foods to Avoid' Application is available now on the App Store (59p)

Thank you for your time and I'm sure that you will find this App as useful and as reassuring as we do.

Kind regards

Nick Bartlett

(Daddy-to-be!)