Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

worried about induction!!

hi all, im very worried about the birth of my first, by induction in 13 days!! help please! x

Replies

• Options
    Please dont worry, i know it's easier said than done tho! I was induced with my ds and came through it fine, infact felt so great ( prob the drugs) that i wanted another baby straight away. Wishing you all the best for your induction...

kerrie xx
  • Options
    Good luck with the induction. Check out our guide to induction here: http://www.babyexpert.com/Birth/Induction-~-what-happens^/v1
    Web Ed Nicola
  • Options
    thanx for the reply, im trying not to worry, but ive read so many stories on here, and other sites, about 30hr plus births! im soo glad ur birth was a good one! it makes me a bit less worried! if you have time do you think you could tell me a bit about it? how did they do it, and pain relief etc...so if you or anyone else has time to reply ..soz, not trying to push my luck!!! lol. thanx! xxx :\)
  • Options
    Well here is the shortened version for you! lol. I went into hospital after breakfast, shown to a delivery room and had a chat with the midwife and checkup and was then given the prostaglandin pessary. I was then told to go off and return in a hour or so, so decided to go for a burger king as didn't think i'd be fitting lunch in somehow!! That seemed to start working after a while as i started to get mild cramping (abit like period pain).

This went on for quite a few hours but was bearable. When the pain got abit worse later i opted for the pethidine injection. I then had my waters broken and given an syntocinon drip to speed things up - which it certainly did. This was the only time i moaned about the pain. So pleaded for a epidural, which was a god send!! lol. This allowed me, mum and partner to sleep before the pushing started. Once i was dilated, i started to push, altho couldn't feel a thing. Basically my ds needed a bit of help to be born as he was quite a large baby, so had a forceps delivery but was over very quickly. So quick that i didn't realise he had been delivered until placed on my stomach!! All this was within a 24 hours, which is all worth it for the end result. Sorry to go on, hope it helps you a bit

xxx :\)

[Modified by: kerrie27 on January 21, 2009 11:03 AM]

• Options
    aww thanx kerri! im really glad to hear that ur birth wasnt that bad, sounds like a good one actually- ive heard about ppl being in labour for a week! lol. im still scared though! im just praying he'll be safe and not get stuck or anything! do you think i could just have the gel and that'll be quicker? and an epi sounds good! aarrrgghh im confused:lol :! lol hope ur well xx
  • Options
    Ur welcome s-lexy...Of course you'll be confused, everything will get explained to you before hand when you first arrive. The gel is normally used just to get things started really. I always said i didnt want the epidural but they normally expect to give them with inductions. What day are you booked in for..? Will be thinking of you hun.... xxx :\)
  • Options
    aww thankyou for ur advice kerrie, im actually feeling a lil bit better! so thanx! i think its cos i want this baby soo much that ive been working myself up and panicking! but im sure that he will come out just fine, and honestly hearing from people that its not gna be that bad helps alot! im having a membrane sweep on thursday(!) did you have one? then if it dosent work im going to be induced a few days later.
    im still worried, ofcourse, but im feeling alot less worried, thankyou soo much hun and i hope u will be on here again- might be in need of a bit more wisdom over the next few days!
    im trying to stay positive and look forward to meeting my babyboy!
    thanx huni hope to hear from you soon xxximage
  • Options
    No, i never had a membrane sweep. They had me in a few days before induction as they thought i was showing early signs of pre-eclampsia, but didnt do anything to speed in up. Altho i was trying all the old wives tales, like cranberry captules, hot curries, walks etc but nothing worked!! lol.
    I know exactly how you feel hun, you just want them out there and then, i know i did at the end after waiting so long to meet him. Hope you dont mind but how long were you trying before you got your bfp..? Ttc baby no 2, altho it will be partners 1st, so hoping it won't take too long like everyone else does :\).
    Well i hope the sweep works for you on thur lovely, if it doesn't then you know where you can come for a moan lol before the induction. Not long to wait now to meet your ds!! xxx
  • Options
    Hi s-lexy just thought I would pop in a let you know about membraine sweeps as I had one with my second baby. Its nothing scary its alittle un comfterble and I had a bit of bleeding straight after if your midwife gets it spot on you should be in labour on the same day.I had my sweep at 9.30 am and baby was born at 11.50 pm that day hope this helps a little xxx
  • Options
    How did it go thur then hun...?! xxx
  • Options
    Hi s-lexy

I'm thinking it will all be over for you now and you will have your lovely baby boyimage Hope it all went well for you!!

Enjoy motherhoodimage