Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hi Everyone - I am new to all of this (kind of)

I was meant to put this post in the 'introduce yourself' bit but posted it in 'planning for a baby':

Hi,

My partner and I have decided that when I come to the end of my pill packet on the 29th April that I am stopping all together to try for a baby.

Background: Well I registered to this website in 2008 and haven't been on since. I was married then and i am going through divorce now. How quick things change. I made the decision last year in May / June time that i was going to ask for a divorce. Money had a lot to do with things (husband was in a payment protection plan paying off ??27,000 debt) and the fact that I got no attention physically from my husband and i think i did end up a little depressed because of this. I went from 12st 8lbs to 10st 6lbs (at my lightest) due to the stress of it all; just couldn't keep food in. I met my new partner back when i was married but as a friend as we are both season ticket holders and sit in the same area. I started dating him after i asked my husband for a divorce. In a nut shell my family didn't realise how unhappy I was till they have seen how happy i am now.

We are both so excited and so ready to become parents. I always said I wanted to be married before having children but feel now that life is too short and too precious so we are going for it! We have a holiday booked in June so the original plan was to try whilst on holiday when we are more relaxed etc. but have decided why wait...

Now I just need to get my head around all the abbreviations again (is there a list anywhere?). I never got my head around the ovulation etc last time i was on this website so any tips etc would be gratefully appreciated xx