Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Lower abdominal pain....

Hi all...
This my 1st time to post a msg..
My name is Louise, and am expecting my 1st Baby in May... Am new to all of this...image
Am having a bit of lower belly pain this past few days? Making it a bit difficult to stand up straight after sitting or lying down! As its our 1st baby, my husband and i are a bit worried? All is good so far, had my scan there at 23weeks and all was well - No problems... Have i anything to worry about? Am i worring over nothing... or is it just all part of the joys of being pregnant? Am back at my Midwife on Wed for 25 Week Checkup, so i was going to mention it then... I'd be so grateful for any advice?

Thanks...
Louise xo

Replies

• Hello I'm Anna and have a little girl Emilia who is 6 months. I have just replied to this post but it doesnt seem to have taken so sorry if this somehow appears twiceimage

In reply i would firstly say that any worries you have ring your midwife as more often then not it will be something completely normal and she will put your mind at rest straight away which will save you from alot of worry. However, I did have alot of lower abdo pain while pregnant especially in the later months. I was told that it was just the weight of the baby pulling. It got worse the bigger I got so this must have been rightimage I hope this helps and as I say just ring your midwife she won't mind as that is what she is there forimage

Take care XXX