Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hello Everyone 1st post!!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hi.
I took a pregnancy test today as I am 5 days late but it was negative image I was really surprised by how disappointed I was becuase it wouldn't have been planned and I had convinced myself that it would be positive!
Don't know where AF is...I'll be turning 28 in 2 months and I really feel like I should start making some decisions. I'm happily married for over a year and my husband would love to have children (he turns 30 next year). I keep putting it off becuase there never seems to be a 'right' time but I don't know if there ever will be if it just happened I would be happy but I hate the whole idea of having to make a decision and to plan. Has anyone else ever felt like this?

I have always wanted more than one child with a couple of years in between each before the time I'm in my mid 30s so I feel as if I should start making some decisions - any advice??

Thanks in advance x

Replies

• Hey,

I understand what you mean. I have a wee boy who is 4 and i'm now finally pregnant with my second. I'm delighted as i'd been trying and hoping for 10 months and getting a negative. But, even so in the back of my mind, i always felt that maybe it just wasn't the right time as other things in life seemed to be in the way but i realised that, in life, there are aalllways things going on and there truly is no "right time" for a baby. If you have always wanted kids and you know you'd be happy if you were pregnant then go for it, start trying(don't be disappointed if it takes a while)and if it's meant to be, it will be. Don't put too much pressure on yourself though. Good luck, keep smiling. xx J xx (p.s i didn't get a positive test til i was 8 days late, if AF doesn't come, then test again)
  • I am exactly the same! I have said virtually the same to my husband the last couple of days - if I got pregnant by accident I would be absolutely thrilled, but as soon as we start talking about actually planning it and actively trying I panic!! I do really really want a baby, now we are married I cannot wait to have a family of our own, so we have decided that next year, I will come off all birth control, and we will just carry on as normal without charting anything or doing the deed at specific times, and just see what happens! That has made me feel more relaxed about it!!!!