Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Scard new mum- Advice from other really appreciated!

Hi everyone. I'm brnad new to this. I did a pregnancy test yesterday and it was positive. My fiance and I are over the moon. However, I feel very cautious. I ve done two other tests since and they were both positive too. I just can't quite believe it.

As I was on the pill with stopped my periods I have no idea how far I am gone. Hoping the doctor can ease my thoughts a bit (I'm off there in an hour). Do I have to do another test at the doctors? I've been experiencing stomach pains, similar to period pains. Is this normal?

If anyone has any advice I'd love ot hear from you.

Replies

• Congratulations!!!
    Im new to baby expert to. Im 11 weeks pregnant with my second baby.

I know its all really daunting first time round (and still quite scary the second time to!)
    Im sure the doctor has told you by now but the tummy pains are often a symptom of early pregnancy, i am still getting them now and again, so try not to worry.

The best thing to look forward too right now is your 12 week scan (dating scan) thats when it all becomes real and you get to see your tiny baby wiggling around!!

I hope everything goes well for you.
    Let me know how your getting on.

Naomi