Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Nervous

Hi all, I am new to this chatroom lark! Am getting used to the acronyms but if anyone can tell me what BFN BFP and AF is I'll be grateful!

My husband and I have been TTC (got that one!) since Christmas with no luck, mainly due to me having the coil for 4 years and it messing up my cycle a bit. So, this month. the ovulation thing worked! Wahoo, him in doors couldn't stop laughing as I ran round the living room screaming I'm ovulating! God knows what the neighbours thought! So, I'm due on next Wednesday and am itching to do a test. A nurse friend told me to try at the end of this week but I am really nervous about taking it as I desperately want it to be positive.

You all seem so lovely on here that I thought I'd ask for some advice - any comments welcome.

Hugs and sparkles

xx;\)

Replies

• Hi there hun welcome

If you look under rules there is a list of abbreviations, but BFN means big fat negative, BFP big fat positive & AF is aunt flo (your period)
    I know what you mean by trying to hold out on the testing front its really hard.

I'd wait till af is due & test when your late.

Lots of info & advice on TTC forum xx
  • Thanks sweetie. I found the abbs list after I posted this - doh! I'm blonde for a reason sometimes!

I couldn't wait and took a test, got a bit upset when I saw ther BFN image However, I recently came into contact with a woman who works with women who are pregnant and TTC using hypnotherapy, I'm into all the holistic stuff so may give her a shot.

Thanks and luck to you TTC.

Hugs and sparkles

xx