Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hi, Im new. I had high risk blood test results for Downs.

Im 35 years old and Im 19 weeks pregnant. My triple test results came back 1 in 30 for Downs syndrome so i was offered an amnio which I refused due to the risk of miscarriage. Instead I had a detailed scan the other day to look for markers of Downs. Fortunately no markers were found so the risk has halved to 1 in 60 which is still considered high but the scan cannot give a definate result as to whether baby has or hasnt got Downs. Baby seems to be developing ok and growing ok though which is a good sign.Babys estimated weight at this stage is 280g! Due to elevated levels of HCG in my blood I have to have three more scans to check on babys growth, 28, 32, and 36 weeks, and I also have to have fortnightly blood pressure checks. Found out baby is a boy . Struggling to come up with a name that both me and my partner agree with!! If baby was a girl we were thinking of Amber Rose. Anyone else out that who had problems with HCG levels / triple test results?? Clare.xx