Forum home General Chat General chat

Kas is braving it today!

She's visiting us even though we're all full of colds.....brave girl!

Amber's still not over her cold but is much better in herself (despite a bleeding nose from the many many wipes). I have the worse cold I've had in years and it's really knocked me out and last night Ethan came down with it too. Both kids were up at 3AM this morning. Ethan with a high temp and Amber just refusing to sleep so we put Ethan in our bed and i slept on the sofa with Amber!!

I wasn't sure if Kas would still want to come today, although the cold is the same one Amber had when we stayed at hers (2weeks ago)!! so hopefully the girls ave already shared the germs! We're all gonig to have a fairly quiet day in with lots of yummy food (she's arriving 9ish for brekkie) and some nice activities for the kids image

Ethans planning a duvet day with Niamh which will no doubt end up with them causing chaos.....great fun!!!

I'm sure kas and i will pop on here today!

Hope you all have nice days too xxxx

PS..... theres still snow on the ground too!!!!!!!image

Replies

• I want snow!!!!!

Have a fab day xx

• Have a fab time you lot!!

xx

• Ok colds might not stop her coming but her car won't start....gutted! image

WEe're hopnig it's just too cold, keep your fingers crossed! image

• have a great day, and I hope you all feel better soon and get a better nights sleep
  • hi girls, unfortunately, im signing on from my own house and not tashasimageimage

the stupid car wouldnt start, we were convinced it was just the cold, but seems not, it still wont start ggggggrrrrrr!! we'd a lovely day planned (including a trip to costa coffee for hot choc) mmmmm, so as you can imagine im gutted, (think tash is too).

but on the up side, we have planned to get together next weekend and make a family day of it including our hubbies which will be fun.  cant wait for that. but like tasha, my two are now scoffing cake for pudding, yummy.

hope everyones having a good day

kasxx

• Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a shame. I hope the car isn't anything serious Kas, we get ours back finally tonight!!
  • Oh no, it sounds like you all had a lovely day planned too image  Fingers crossed it's nothing too serious with the car.

Tasha, hope you're all feeling better soon. Cameron's still v. snotty although he's quite cheerful with it. Thankfully he's kept his germs to himself for the moment (although i bet now i get it!!)

We had about 3 flakes of snow yesterday, and that was it!! Got v. excited when i saw it falling, the kids at work were high as kites thinking they would be building snowmen at lunchtime!!

• Oh Girls, what a shame.Still, you have the weekend together to look forward to instead. The trip to costa coffee did sound nice thoughimage Kas hope you get your car sorted soon.x
  • I'm gutted too Kas but as i said on msn Ethans got quite poorly now so it may have been for the best image

He woke up from his nap with a temp of 40.8image i managed to force calpol down him whilst checknig for meningitis rash and he was soon fine! Ambers havinga very rare nap in her cot so ethan and i are watchnig hary potter 1 together!

Kas, hope the car's been sorted out now xx xx x

• hope ethans ok now hun!!

and you and amber too.

car, dont ask, to cut a long story short, it looks as if its the immobiliser and it wont be cheap. ouch.

hope you are all well

kas xx

• What a shame that your day was spoilt, but at least you have managed to re-schedule!

Tasha, i hope Ethan is better soon!

Kas, fingers crossed that the car isn't too expensive to fix!!

I went to my fave cafe today, had a hot choc and carrot cake, i avoided the cake as it was cold and then realised that they had 2 new flavours that i've not seen before. One is white choc chip so i might take bronwyn back tomorrow!!!!!  image

• Kas.....SNAP!!!!!

That's what has been up with our car. It wouldn't disarm on Saturday so James had a two and a half hour journey home on a recovery truck! His dad had hoped to sort it for him on Monday but it wasn't as straight forward as they had thought. At one point we thought it was going to have to be scrapped and we'd have to buy a new car but they have manged to sort something. James is picking it up when he finishes work. We'll just have to then see how it goes.

xx

• sorry to hear your day didn't go as planned, but hope you make up for it at the weekend! does anyone know if Starbucks have brought out their gingerbread lattes yet?? I LOVE them!!

• Yes and they serve them in bone china tea cupsimage
  • Sorry Lucy, couldn't resistimageimage