Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Just about cracking up now

Morning all

Apologies for the moan, but i really am having the most rotten couple of weeks. Some of you will remember that we had to cancel our Liverpool trip 2 weeks ago as Amber got poorly, well she's still not over it and last night it finally went to her chest (as happens when she gets a cold) and now she's wheezing so i'm obviously worried she may end up in hospital again.

I have the virus too and have been pretty knocked out by it but as long as i stay dosed up, i can cope. Yesterday Ethan came down with it and it's really hit him hard. yesterday his temp was as high as 40.8, We had a surpirisingly ok night but both kids got up at 5:30 needing medication.

When i went downstairs i found Gillan very poorly, he's got the virus too but unfortunately he also suffers from a condition which when he gets poorly or stressed in anyway he comes out in massive excrutiating lumps from top to  toe. He's having a particularly bad case today and his face is unrecognisable. I don't know how i'm going to get through today, my mums away so not around to help (prob good job, dont want to give it to her)

To make things worse, the rescheduled Liverpool trip was for this weekend and we're supposed to be leaving tomorrow, it's looking very unlikely at the moment imageimage

I'm so low and poorly i could just cry but no, i've got to get up and care for 3 other poorly people (which of course i don't resent) Just don't know how i'm gonig to do it image

Sorry for being so depressing girls xx xx xx

Replies

• Oh Tash,

Sending lots of cyber hugs your way.

I'm sorry you are all so poorly. Is there anything Gillan can take to help him when he gets these lumps? It sounds really nasty. I hope Amber can get through the virus without needing to go to hospital again, that's the last thing you need right now.

Charl has woken up with bright red cheeks and a stinking cold. She's teething which isn't helping either.

Jack's off to Blackpool in an hour for the day/night so at least Charl can have my full attention.

Take care, xx

• Thanks Zoe

I've arranged for Amber to spend the morning at her godmothers, ambers well enough in herself and desperately needs some stimulation so a play with Jared will do her good! I trust Becky impeccably, theres not many places i'd send my kids when they're not too wel! But i need to prioratise at the moment and i just can't look after all 3 of them!

Gillan can take antihistamines but they don't really help and we have emergency steroids in the cupboard in case the lumps ever spread to his throat and block his airway but apart from that theres not much we can do. He gets quuite dillirious when he's this is so it's quite tough but the stupid idiot still thinks he's gonig into work! I'll kill him if he does, i'm still determined this weekend is happening so he better rest!!!

Hope Charls ok today, and how come Jacks off to Blackpool? Sounds exciting!!! image

• Tasha, im sending you a huge hug, its awful when you feel ill, but all of you!!image

I really hope you manage to go away, just dose yourselves up and rest in front of the telly.

Thinking of you all xx

• Tasha so sorry to hear you are all ill - sending big hugs and hope you all feel better soon x x
  • Hi Tasha

So sorry to hear your all not doing very well,think this bug thing is going round to test us all.Hope gillan gets better quick,i no what its like with adi,he cant handle a viral bug like we can,its what makes his heart go and more often than not end up in hossy.

Sending you all big hugs and hope your all feeling much better soon.xxx

• Oh Tasha, you poor thing. It does sound really rotten for you all at the moment. If I was closer I would come over and look after you. You sound so down and need lots of TLC. I really hope Gillan recovers quickly and that Ethan and you start to feel better very very soon, and Amber is ok and wont need hospital. It never rains when it pours, as the saying goes. Its all come at once for you. Sending you a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUG  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Take care Sweetie XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXimage

• sending you all big hugs hope you all ffeel alot better soon
  • Thanks all of you for the lovely messages!

I'm actually feeling not too bad at the mo, think i'm just battlnig through! image Becky arrived and stayed for a while and surprisingly ethan had a really good play with Jared but has now gone down hill and looks pretty poorly again. Gillan is horrendous, he hasnt been this ill in years (he had a bad attack when Ethan was born) and looks like the hunch back of notre dame! It's very dfficult to get any sense out of him so very worrying image

While becky was here she helped me cook loads of food for amber over the weekend and i'm nearly packed so i'm blowed if anyones not well enough!!!

Thanks again girls xximage

• I'm glad things seem better for you now.

To answer your question Jack has gone to Blackpool with James's parents for the night!! He loves it there with the lights and the trams and we decided not to go this year so they asked if they could take him. I wouldn't let Charlotte go as I know they will be fine with Jack. Good job too, Charl was sick in the car about half an hour ago, image. I think it's just cos she's full of cold.

xx

• hope your all better soon, the weather is not to good here in scouseland so dont be to eager to get here 

• Tasha, what a nightmare you are having!!

I hope everyone feels better soon. Poor Gillan, and all you need is to feel yucky when you've got a yucky hubby and 2 poorly kids too!

Zoe, I hope Jack enjoys his night away. Is Charl ok?

I felt really bad last night and just ended up sat sobbing. I felt really yucky, then gareth rang and ranted down the phone at me, like i needed that! Then over night my cold has developed into infected sinuses so my face feels like it's going to fall off!

Bronwyn's cold has vanished but she now has rosy cheeks and is teething.

So much for my half term break, i can't wait to start my maternity leave! I am even tempted to bring it forward further!!!

• I really hope you're all feeling better soon. Oh I hate the sick season, can't help but get sick when the virus keeps moving around! I feel like this has been getting worse over the years. I hope you Gillan is feeling better, it sounds really bad in his case.
  • Oh no Tasha, sorry you are all not well and may miss your trip. Hope you are all better soon.
    Pauline x
  • Oh Tash you poor thing. Lots of love and hugs xx

Caroline,bring your maternity leave foward without further delay OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have been told lol!!!

• Evening girls

I am soooooo glad today is nearly over! Gillans a bit more with it now but is still covered in lumps...not pretty! Plus each and every one is agony for him, poor thing. ethan seems so much better, he got poorly after my last post and then seemed to sleep it off and has been full of it this after noon. He just won't eat anythnig but i'm not worried.

Unfortunately Amber had an accident getting out of Beckys car coming home and her face is pretty battered, especially her nose which is swollen and bloody, Becky feels awful but it wasnt her fault these things happen i just wish it wasnt today it happened!!!!!!!!

Liverpool is hopefully still happening although we might go saturday morning instead of tomorrow evening, Ethan doesnt know  when we're meant to be leaving so i can't wait to see his face when we tell him we're actually finally going!!!!

Caroline, sorry yo're feeling rough too, i agree with Jen, i think you needd to be on mat leave now, i know that's not ideal, but omg i found being pregnant with the 2nd child such hard work, i don't know how you do it!!! I hope you're feeling better now take care xxxx

Thanks again for your messages girls xxx xx

• Fingers crossed that you get to Liverpool Tasha!!

I can't really bring my maternity leave forward as i only get 4 months leave with decent pay and want as much time after the birth as possible. I may have to take a few days off this week though! I hate being ill at the best of times but with a teething lively toddler, nightmare!!!!!

• It sounds like you've had the day from hell Tasha, sending you the biggest hug i can find!! Hope you're all feeling better tomorrow and can still make your trip to Liverpool. Take care of yourself  xxx

• Sounds like you've had a nightmare day in your house, hope everyone's feeling a bit better this evening and they all sleep through the night. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day..! Poor Gillan - sounds like he's really suffering, did you use the steroids in the end?

Caroline - you need to look after yourself before baby comes to make sure everything is okay.. you won't be doing yourself or baby any good if you push yourself too much. Sounds like you're exhausted at the moment.. Hope Bronwyn's teething settles down and you get a bit of a break x

• Mornig all, how is everyone today?

Tasha, I hope things look better for you today and that the kids slept ok. How's Gillan? I heard from Jack twice yesterday, once when they arrived in Blackpool and as they were waiting for a tram last night to go back to the B&B. It sounds like he's having so much fun and being good!! He's going to ring again this morning, after breakfast I think, then he will be back later on today. It's been really strange without him.

Caroline, Charl is coping ok. She didn't sleep great last night, even though I have things in her room she just gets so bunged up she keeps waking. Then for some unkown reason she was wide awake at 6!! She hardly ate anything yesterday which didn't help matters and she was sick in the car but I put that down to the cold and all that gunk image.

Hope you all have a lovely Friday. xx

• do you know anymore yet