Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Does anyone know........

After a miscarriage. Last month I was really late and it was very light and this month I was dead early and real heavy. I always used to know where I was with af but not since I misscarried.

We are ttc again and I know its best to let everything settle down but how long does this go on. If you know or have expierenced this yourself I would really apprecaite your advice.

Thanks xx

Replies

• I don't know what it's like for everyone, but after my mc I had around 2 months of complete nightmare, i.e. off then on after 5 days or so.  Before the mc my cycle used to be exactly 29 days - since the mc to my last period, I haven't had any that are completely regular, and some varied between 22 and 36 (that one got my hopes up!) days.

Although after around  6 months after the heavy loss, it sort of settled to around 33 days, but not as clockwork as it used to be.  I also found that for the first 6-7 months the flow varied from 3 days to 6 days and sometimes light, sometimes heavy.

I worked out the LH testing for around 33 days as that was the average, and it seemed to work as I'm now 8 weeks pg, keeping my fingers crossed that it all works ok this time round!

Also we started trying again after my first "normal" period, i.e. the one that  seemed to me to be back to a sort-of regular cycle.  I don't think you will conceive if  your body's not ready for it.

Sorry this has ended up being very long, hope it's of some help and good luck! x

• Thanks Ginger wookey and congratulations on your pregnancy,hope everything goes well for you xx
  • After I had India who was stillborn I had a heavy period for about 2 weeks then nothing again till after I had Isabelle. Go figure. I just think everyone is different but if your worried I would go to the gp, even though they are usless
  • I am messed up too (in the head as well as cycle wise) ! Lol
    I am on 39 days no period, tested and BFN! This will be my second cycle after mc! You are not alone! Good luck to all those ttc!
    P x
  • Firstly sending huge hugs to both you and pauline! xx xx

After my miscariiage my cycle was a nightmare too, first month was very heavy and lasted ages and 2nd was very late so i was convinced i was pregnant. It was still very heavy too. On the 3rd i hapopily concieved ethan so i don't  know how long it would haveb een loke that for.

By the way, we started ttc immediately, i wasnt bothered about givnig my body 'time to rest'!!!!!

Good luck! xx xx xx