Forum home General Chat General chat

Hello!!!

How is everyone?

We are all ok here, Hollie seems to have a dodgy stomach though. I think it is just because she is cutting molars so hoping she isnt going down with anything.

It is absolutely pouring here, i am freezing cold and i have a load of washing to dry which is taking the heat from the radiators image

I am off out for a walk in a bit so Hollie can have her nap. She is shattered and fell asleep standing up with her head on the settee an hour ago, and then woke up because she slipped. She slept well last night though which i am pleased about as we have been on the settee most nights because she is in pain with her teeth.

Is anyone doing anything exciting today, or over the weekend? xx 

Replies

• aw poor thing, I hope she feels better soon. I don't like the teething process, it is so harsh on our little ones. Well for the weekend, my DH to be has asked me to keep the weekend available. He hasn't given me any details as yet, but just said not to make any plans. I have no idea what he has planned! It is driving me crazy and I am trying to look for clues. I will let you know as soon as I find out.
  • Poor Hollie, its horrid when they are cutting teeth. I have had 2wks of Jessica waking in the night as i think her back teeth are coming through, but i gave her some medised last night and she slept throughimage

Don't have much planned for the weekend, Tony is going away so i will prob catch up with some friends! Well that depends if im tired as Jessica is going into a bed tomorrow!

• Jacks been a bit unsettled but i think thats because hes getting used to lola, hope hollie is feeling better soon karen!

weve had a pretty boring day just chilled on the sofa all day, midwife came to take my stitches outimage and do lolas heel prick testimage and my friend popped in.

hoping to feel upto going to the christmas fair/market tomorow, then probably have a quiet weekend.

• Poor Hollie,cutting teeth is rough.Ihave a wisdom tooth that comes and goes and is always a reminder to me just what it's like.Back ones are worst though.Hope she's feeling better soon.
    We've been a house of the plague this week.We all had colds,then the two babies cold turned into horrible stinking colds for a few days,and who better to share these lovely germs with than Mummy.I confess,I hit the lemsip this week,preggy or no.Sunday night we had a strange one I haven't had before,Arthur had a UTI.I know boys get them too but I was a bit worried.He had a hydracele when he was born so I thought it might be something to do with that but fortunately lots and lots of juice flushed it through so no humiliating trip to the doctor for the little man.Anything to do with bits or toilet or whatever I have to keep quiet cos the others all want to know.
    Finally I started Xmas shopping,I put a massive order in last night at about midnight,spent two hours doing it,then found something went wrong and the order wouldn't go through,and I had to do it all again this morning.What a waste of an evening when you have to get up at 6 for the school run.Went through first time this morning.Retail therapy's supposed to make you feel better,not stress you out.
    Anyway I hit the high street this afternoon,we have cards for school friends,cards for my friends,we have paper,sticky tape,advent calenders for 6.Oh and chocolate bar for me.
    At last I feel a bit Christmassy so we got the decorations down out the loft,ready for the weekend.Can't wait for all the parcels to arrive so I can wrap them.
  • Soph sounds like you are in for a good weekend, i wish Ian did something like that once in a while. If you find any clues, let me know.

Poor Jessica too Simone, hope she cuts them soon. Funnily enough last night i didnt give her anything before bed because she has been waking before she can have another dose. So i thought if i sent her to bed without it at least then when she woke she could have something, but the little monkey slept through. I think it is all down to her not suddenly waking up in pain because the pain killers are wearing off.

Laura, i'm sure jack will settle down soon and will forget the time Lola wasnt there. Poor Lola i bet she screamed when she had the heel prick, Hollie did it was awful.

Jo sorry to hear you have all been poorly. I'm glad Arthur's UTI cleared up. I ahve only ever had one and it was when i was pregnant with Hollie and it hurt so badly.

Well done you for getting some shopping and things done, i havent started yet. And I think we are going to wait a couple of weeks to put the decorations up because i am dreading what Hollie is going to do to the tree. We took Hollie for a walk last night though to see all the houses that have been lit up, she was fascinated by them and kept pointing at them all. 

• she cried when they used the steri wipe on her, so i fed her while they prickd it etc and she stayed calm thankfully as jacks had a total fit wen his was done and took ages to caln down.
  • Afternoon everyone, its sooooo quiet on here these days!!!

we are all ok, my mil has just gone home after a week staying with us so im breathing a v.huge sigh of relief!!

Terry is working all w/end, we too have xmas market on tomorrow then we have xmas 'festival' sunday which is light switch on a parade and fireworks which will be good if this rain stops!