Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

constant insesvie whining

nicole cry's from the point she gets up to the point she goes back to bed again, it's all the time, and i don't know why, she whines and cry's and screams and it's all the time. it's wearing me down, to the point i sit and think i wish i could just get rid of you for a hour.

i just don't know whats got in to her and why she's like this, all the time.

Replies

• Kristy i have the same thing with Hollie, but i do know why she does it. It is because she is tired and she is teething which makes her tiredness worse and makes her even more whingy.
  • well i thought she was teething before, but it settled down and now she's like this again. she does seem tired alot too, not sure why she's so tired thou?
  • hi kristy.

my sister did this for about 4 years, and when you asked her why she was crying she'd say she didnt know. All my mum could do was ignor it and every now and again she'd stop. And she had to just praise her when she didnt cry. If she carries on though mention it to your hv,  even if they dont help at least you would have got it off your chest. 

• 4 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no image

• She might be teething like you say or she could be picking up on you when you stressed. Silly question but does she have a dummy?
  • I heard children go through stress as well. I read about it on a medical magazine and I can't remember the name now. It is caused by change in sleeping or eating habits. Apparently, children can also stress if parents are stressing. I will try searching for the article, if I find it i'll let you know. But i really hope things get better for you..soon image
  • Hi Kristy.  It is the question everyone asks and someone has, so I'm not going to repeat it, but it does sound like she may be teething, although I admit I do get frustrated with my MIL telling me every symptom must be to do with teething, I swear she thinks BIRTH is a symptom of teething!  But Catalina has been really grumpy recently, really grumpy and she's normally such a sunny little thing and she is definitely teething.  Otherwise, does she have a temperature?  Is she just under the weather?  If there is no real reason for it, go to your GP and get her checked out, just to reassure yourself.  Good luck.
  • well considering everything thats gone on theres been quite a bit stress around, and it has come the same time as her potty training, started her off, and one day with ray and her and she's back to square one and seems frustrated and upset with it all, she doesn't want nappys on or to be in the buff or knickers! she's also had a bit a runny bum, but thats normal for her.

she's dead clingy too, always climbing on me and cuddling in to me.

yesterday she had me in tears, i just wanted to be away from her, through everything i think it's this with her thats breaking me, i really feel down about it, but when she's quite or happy rather i'm ok, just when she start's it's hard.

• Your doing so well to be where your at and keep going hun,even if it means leaving the rom for a few mo and take a deep breath and count to ten just to collect yourself,it may be enough for you to cope a little longer.

I asked about the dummy as some kids do react to not having one anymore,i never had it with riley but my mum had a terrible time with my youngest sister with giving it up.

Hope she clams down soon and your able to get back on track with her.

All the best hun.x

• oh, she's never had a dummy, never had a bottle too, couldn't get her to suck on one!
  • Hi ya,hope your ok,hope shes bee better for you.x