Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Evening chat with Caroline...

I'll start.

Good evening Caroline.  How is it all going with the the new baby and Bronwyn?  Does she like him?!  How was your Christmas?  I'm sure you've answered that somewhere else, but hey, never hurts to ask again.

Ours was quite quiet, if life is EVER quiet with a four year old boy around!  We went to Barcelona for a few days and had a lovely time.  I love the city, I used to live there so it is like going home in a way, the skyscape is as unforgettable for me as Manhatten.  I love going out walking alone and just soaking up the place.  We arranged some surprises for Bon and Catalina arranged some for us, namely teeth!

How is everyone tonight?  Been ever so quiet on here today.

Replies

• Hi Nicolette!!

Chirstmas was the worst i have ever had!! Would rather not go over it again!!

Leighton is doing well thanks, putting on lots of weight and constantly eating!! Bronwyn is indifferent, sometimes she loves him and showers him with kisses, other times she tries to drag him from my knee! typical toddler behaviour i guess!

I might be coming and going, as i have been all night as my little boy is pretty unsettled tonight!!

I read about Catalina's teeth, just not had the opportunity to post much as leighton wants constant cuddles at the minute!! Sounds like you had a lovely christmas, i am hoping next years will be better!!!

• I will have a read and glean what I can from other posts.  I will say, knowing nothing about it as yet, I am terribly sorry that your first Christmas with your own family was not fun.  I hope it was nothing that can't be rectified. N. xx
  • Hi ladies,
    Having a tough time with Bethany at the mo! She keeps saying that she is not tired and ends up going to the loo, asking for water and moaning sometimes until 1-2 in the morning! She says nothing is bothering her and she is not ill, this as been for the past couple of weeks now! Giving her hot milk, lavender pillow and she is reading to unwind. She is 9 yrs old, any tips ladies?
    Pauline x
  • Same with Harry.He's 9 too.I think they can keep themselves awake as long as they possibly can.I send Harry up about 8:30,but by the time he's messed about it's easily 9.If I'm lucky he'll be asleep by 10.As long as he's in bed,in his room I leave him to it.Doesn't matter so much in the holidays,more of a worry when they have to be up for school,although it's not so much of a problem term time.Suppose he's more worn out then.
    Oh,and he thinks he's a grown up too,so maybe that's a part of the problem.
  • Caroline, it must be the age, lolas demanding cuddles and more food, its a relief to hear im not alone and jacks is exactly the same as bronwyn one minute he adores her the next hes shoving her off my lap and pointing at her travel cot!! How much does leighton weigh now, lola was 8lb9oz at 2wks then our clinic shut for christmas have to wait a wk tomorow before i can weigh her again, hoping shes gained well as shes rapidly popping out of newborn clothes!image
  • Hi Laura

Leighton was 10lb 11 nearly 3 weeks ago! He has outgrown the newborn stuff and is quickly outgrowing 0-3!!! I am going to get him weighed next wednesday when the Sure Start centre is open again!!

Bronwyn is also waking in the night and crying, i give her milk and put the aquarium on again and she goes back to sleep but then she is waking at 5 and wanting to get up so I have to do the same again! I know some people will slate me for giving her milk but at the minute i need the extra hour in bed so for the sake of my sanity she is having extra milk!!

I had a look in her mouth earlier and was gobsmacked to see how many teeth she has! She must have been popping them out daily this week! She only needs a few more before she has a full set!!!

Nicolette, thanks for the PM. Having spoken to a few of my mates it would appear that I am not alone in having a crappy christmas! Next year I am tagging along with you to Barcelona!!!!! image 

• im aiming for a 10lb weigh in on monday, well thats what all the family recon, from 7lb 6 she sure has piled it on bless her!

jacks is after alot of milk to i think its his baby thing hes pulling back cuz of lola, but on the otherhand he wakes twice before 12 every night then sleeps until 9-10 today he slept until 11 but was very grumpy for it!!

Its fantastic how well all 3 november babies are doing!! cant believe how quick the last months gone!image

• Caroline i dont blame you for giving Bronwyn the extra milk,if she's happy to have it then let her,now she mobile im sure it wont make a difference,and like you say the extra bit helps you to.