Forum home General Chat General chat

Christmas pics...

jacks opeing presents and being completely un-chalenged by a new peg puzzle...
http://www.practicalparenting.co.uk/members/images/3606/Gallery/1_(12).JPG

this pic is just too cute its my baby brother thomas and lola, they have a bizare calming effect on each other!

http://www.practicalparenting.co.uk/members/images/3606/Gallery/100_0023.JPG

Jack in his grandad pjs and his iggle piggle hat hes still not taken off since boxing day... weird!

http://www.practicalparenting.co.uk/members/images/3606/Gallery/100_0034.JPG

and no shes been practising a while little lady gave me her first big beam and a lovely coo on christmas eve, and this is the best pic weve got, last night.

http://www.practicalparenting.co.uk/members/images/3606/Gallery/100_0062.JPG

Replies

• They are loelt pics,i love the matching xmas babygrows,they look so sweet together.

Ive got a few of our family xmas so will load them up soon but adi has the total big family pic,my horrid sister posted them on FB if anyone can get on it.

• you little brother is so cute and lola is geyttin big now lovin the pic of jack in his pjs
  • aw there lush, shes so so cute, i'm starting to feel broody, shame i can't have any more lol
  • Lovely Christmas pics Laura.That's lovely of Lola with your baby brother.It's so nice them growing up so close in age.LOL at Jack's hat.Arthur wore a sunhat for over a year.He took it off in bed and the bath and that was it.Love the Grandad pjs too.That's nice of Lola too,its so hard to get that first smile on camera.
  • Lovely pics Laura - I just love the concentration on Jack's face, and his special Christmas suit!

Was it a lovely day in the end?

• its just driving us crazy as hes refused to wear a hat since he had the co-ordination to take them off, in the summer i had to buy little bandannas and now he loves that daft one, goes to bed in it aswell, also mad about his slippers there fluffy boots he thinks they are great!!! hes a bit strange bless him image lol

• We had a lovely christmas my auntie and cousins drove us mad but when they left we had a really nice time and ended up sleeping at my mums! where jack decided he was sleeping in charlottes bed not the travel cot! so were now thinking of saying goodbye to the cotbed sides!image hes growing up soo fastimage
  • oh bless him he is becommin abig boy now

• He's got to grow up now he's a big brother, there are responsibilities!

Besides, he can't have that pesky kid sister sneaking up on him can he...image

I think that's so funny he won't take the hat off, all kids get attached to a certain item of clothing at some stage don't they?  At least his head will be warm this winter!

• we asked him before bed would he like a bed like charlotte and he said no shook he head and hugged the cot! its a cotbed though and lola is having the same as our house doesnt have the room for two fullsize beds in that room, well it does but they need room to play! so its no worry if hes not ready the side just goes back on! We are yet to leave the hat on going out, should be interesting!

Beautiful scan picture, thats soo clear for 13ks!! image

• Arthur had a going out hat which he'd take his sunhat off for,but the minute he was in the door it came off,the sunhat went on.We haven't got room for a bed for Arwen yet so she has to stay in her cot.At least she can't escape though.We have to do a major room shift and redecorate before she gets a bed.(or move)She's not complaining -yet!
  • were gonna have to move image our bedrooms are fantastic size but downstairs and bathroom are a joke for just us let alone the children!

• Laura im sure you'll find a way,are you counicl,as they now have merged with several other councils so you can move pretty much where you like area wise.(hey move closer and we can do meet up's)imagenot that your far away tho.lol
  • We're Council,so I'm going to have to get BEGGING.Or put a caravan in the front garden and sleep in that.We have 2 kids in a room 7x8 ft.3 in a room 11x10 ft.Us and Matilda in a room 13x10ft.Seven's got to go somewhere.Not quite sure what the plan is yet.We're running out of time.Downstairs we have one room for everything,and a tiny kitchen too small for a table.I suppose we save on the heating with the body heat in such a small space.At least we're warm and dry though.I am grateful for that things could be a lot worse.
  • Your right,as long as you have a roof over your head it what counts.I have heard of the council doubling 2 houses and knocking a wall out so its one big house,would be nice. Surely tho you should be entitled to a 4 bed given the kids ages or are they trying to be sneeky and not mention it.

Hope it works out tho for you,will be of now as cant focus on the screen anymore.Nite nite.chat soon.

• yep were council too, but they arent keen on moving us as we have a house, if it was a 2bed flat it would be different, well the 2 bed flats round here have much much bigger living rooms and better bathrooms id be happier with smaller bedrooms for a decent size bath and living room, our baths the tiniest thing ive ever seen!!! I absolutley love my house, the location everything, will be devastated to leave but aparently jack and lola arent allowed to share past school age, and we do need the space but who doesnt!! just makes me sooo mad theres a girl younger than me with a 6mnth old got a 3bed just because she was highest priority and that was what was available!!!! oh and shes never worked! were still paying rent ourselves even though roos on jsa!

Theres been a few houses near my mum knocked through for people with 4or 5 children surely if you kick up a little you should be entilted to somthing, much, bigger jo! I learnt to badger as we were ignored for ages then i started ringing everyweek and we gt our beautiful little home!

oh and much as i have whinged bout bury i could never ever leave its a lovely place to live and i could never ever be more than a walk from mum charlotte and thomas as neither of us drive!

• Such cute pics Laura love the santa suit!
  • My sister was council when her 2 (girl and boy) were little, they got to school age and the council seemed to ignore all the letters she sent saying she needed a 3-bed place.

So she did something only my sister would, and started sending them POETRY!  She wrote a letter every week with bad poetry in - things like "Although I love my little flat, there isn't room to swing a cat" style of things.  And within 2 months she was  in a 3-bed house with a garden.

Sometimes I think you just have to stand out of the ordinary if you know what I mean - I think this appealed to someone at the housing department's sense of humour and they moved her up the list for that reason.

• Gorgeous pics Laura, love your new glitter pic of jack and Lola in their ITNG suits image Cameron wears old man Pj's too, i think they look so sweet in them!!

Glad you had a good xmas!!

• Lovely scan picture Cat - are you more excited now?!! I guess everything else went well at your scan?

Don't know anything about council housing and how it works? We're paying extortionate private rent at the moment and would be better off with a mortgage.. New Year's Resolution is to try and buy a house this year.. just have to work out how!