Forum home General Chat General chat

Please help

Iam really not coping today. I havent slept in 2 days. Ayesha has been cryin for the last 12 hours. Shes fine just does not want to sleep. I gave her calpol just to make sure she didnt have headache etc but she just wont stop. Feel like I am going to crack. Then the next door neighbour kindly knocked to let me know she was cryin...erm...like I hadnt noticedimage

I am never gonna cope with another. I am so tired how can I do this and breastfeed. 

Replies

• hiya linz

sorry to hear your having a rough time at the moment! The month before lola was born jack began to play up seriously and has only just settled as ive put him in a bed, i know its sounds terrible but that way if he isnt tired he can play and go bed when he is, seems to be working! Also as he had cough cold etc medised helped him settle, when i came home from hospital jacks was in a terrible mood with me for going away and wanted to go back to my mums everytime we saw her he played up stopped eating and hardly slept but you get through it!! i promise you! especially with the support on here, I struggled tremendosly to breastfeed lola as she NEVER slept and had colic and i had jacks on my case 24/7 so she now has one bottle at 7 when jacks goes to bed, wait off my shoulders and a brief break, but now 2months down the line, shes a fantastic little bf baby shes happy jacks back to his old self and i feel great for getting through it! i know 2months sounds ages, but i know your a strong women and a fantastic mum so you CAN do it too!

and one thing that might help you and ayesha, me and jack used to have a nice long bubble bath together so for atleast 20mins of the day we were relaxed togther! hope this passes soon for you,

Good luck you can do it!

• Sorry to hear you are having a rough time at the moment - sending big hugs x
  • hope things get better soon you know were we all are if you want to chat

jade  xxx

• Sorry you're having such a rough time.

I can't be much help as I don't even have 1 yet, but didn't want to just read and leave.

Hope she settles soon and you get some sleep

x

• Sorry to hear you're having a crappy time.. Everything seems so much worse when you're not sleeping, but when your little baby arrives you know you'll just cope, because that's what we do!!

Sounds like your next door neighbour is really helpful.. image

• hi ladies thanks, I was coping ok even though at 8pm she was still going, then she feel asleep until....I went to bed at 10.30 and as I got the top of the stairs she started. Ayesha does not do little cries she has temper cries and really gets annoyed and frustrated. I borought her down stairs but I just broke down the though of another night without so much as a nap just was to much for me. Even if she just had a couple of hours would be something at least I would get a couple of hours as well but she doesnt its just up and cryin the whole time going through all the disney dvds that are not so loud ie winnie the pooh etc that are quite and not to mad on colours.

Rob came in from the other living room and just took her. He sent me to bed and came to check on me soon after to see how I was. I told him I was worried I would never cope with another as I cant cope with Ayesha as it stands. He just told me to go to sleep and it would seem better today. I am much calmer now. He got Isabelle ready for school and called work to say he would be late and would make he time up in his lunch. He was a real star. Made me a lovely cup of coffee as well. I decided this was the morning to tell him I had put £200 aside for him to go shopping. Either for a wii or some well needed new clothes for himself. Imagine the amount of clothes he could get from primark with that. 

• Hello, sounds like Rob is just being a star, isn't it lovely when the oh just looks after you?

Hope she is being better today and you got enough rest to be able to cope with all your challenges x

• glad to hear things are looking brighter, jacks a temper crier to its a horrid sound so i can imagine how you feel, its fantastic that rob is being so supportive good luck linz and take care x
  • well hes stormed out tonight. Coz I ment money last month for the car tax and had to pay it back today. So appartantly I am the worst person in the world. no idea whats wrong with him. He is often a closed book when he is down and wont talk. I asked him why and he just said he got nothing to say. Dont know where he is when he is going to be back and have no way of getting hold of him as he has left his phone behind.
  • Oh Linz, I was just thinking you had it really great, handsome as well as caring and then Rob goes and goes all silly.  He's quite young judging by the photos and we all know that men mature later than woman, if at all, so it is hardly surprising that he is mercurial in his moods.  Part of me wants to rant at him for being insensitive but then he has proved that he can be lovely if he chooses. 

I really hope you get all this sorted out and he comes back tail between his legs.  Good luck.  N. xxx

• My OH has gone from not being able to do enough for me to still being angry over 2 weeks after the event for spending £45 in Lush to cheer myself up. 

I mean I know we need to be watching the pennies now, but some of the things I bought I know will last me well over a year, plus I got my mum a birthday present - but none of this makes any sense to him!  I've worked out than on average over the year I spend less than £10 a month on cosmetics / toiletries, which I don't think is excessive but never mind, he will have his rants....

He also reduced me to tears at a wedding last week, all because the car has problems and it just gets taken out on muggins as the nearest available target.   But he's lovely in the meantime - I was on a course all weekend and got home to immaculate house and laundry done and hugs and the works.

I think this time of year just seems to bring out the Jekyll and Hyde part of most men.  My neighbour is going through the same thing at the moment too.

• Money can bring out the worst in all of us.We still argue over my spending.Actually there's still shopping I did last week I haven't confessed to.None of us have a lot to spare and I'm sure it's just worrying over the pennies,and Rob'll be back when he's calmed down.From what you said above ,Linz,about him taking care of you he seems like a star when you really need it.
    Think it's true,Cat,they're all Jekyl and Hydes.They can be complete ****s,but when everything goes wrong,or gets too much,or for no apparent reason they can just be a complete diamond.(They are only men after all)
    Hope it's all sorted soon,Linz.Hope you can have a chat,I'm sure it's nothing can't be sorted.Hope Ayesha's better today and you can get the rest you need
  • thanks ladies,I am 26 and Rob is 27, although were young, his dad left when he was 17 so he grew up quick and always has had a mature head on his shoulders. Hence why we were able to marry at 19 and 20. Ayesha slept through and Rob came home after driving round for about hour or so. I tried to talk to him and he said he just always feels out of control. Dont get me wrong my spending in the past has been way out of control but this was for his car and I only didnt tell him because I didnt want him to panic.

I think because he had been up all night with Ayesha the night before it seemed to get on top of him. At least that is what I am hoping it was. I said to him that I dont might him for being gutted about having to hand over 120 I am more gutted than him but I wish when he goes into these moods he would at least talk to me. And I didnt raise my voice and tried to say as caring as possible. He always says that when he has a problem with me I always turn it on him and end up blaming him for it all. So I was really careful with what I said. 

He went to work this morning said by without looking at me but still took Isabelle in for me and at leaast made me a drink. So I have no Idea how long this will last for.  image

• hi hun

hopefuly it wont last long, me and my oh have some cracking rows we went through a bad financial patch about 4months ago and we were always arguing and blanking eachother. we got through it and i think it made us a bit closer because of all the upset it caused but we managed 2pull through. i'm 23 and hes 25 so we're quite young ourselves, his dad was not a good role model and had strings of affairs and disapeared for days on end whilst him and his brother used 2comfort his mum so he had 2grow up quick aswel. he always thinks i blame everything on him 2 it must b a man thing!! hope everything settles down 4u take care love amy x x

• hope things are better this evening.. men are funny creatures.. they amaze you one minute and drive you up the wall the next! i am so glad they're not females though - i think living with someone like me would just be a nightmare..!
  • linz, sorry things are a bit up in the air, im not sure if you saw the posts but andrew walked out and no one saw or heard from him for over 24 hrs on new year, basically no explanation! men deal with stress very differently to us, if you ever need an ear pm me on here or facebook, take care xx
  • hi ladies. and thanks

He "tried" to pull me up on the state of the house - which was tidy just my dad had got the girls girts so a bit of packaging was on the floor when he came in. I point out that I did the things I had asked him to do a couple of nights before. And I think he felt quite stupid really as he realized I hadn't actually done anything wong. Funny that - if it was the other way round I would be getting an ear full on being picky and blah blah blah. Anyway he was creeping last night.

We have been trying to get round the horrible im pregnant and really not sexy thing and I got got a few "incentives" last week but with Ayesha bring the angel she can be havent had a chance yet and he was asking me questions about it - basically hiss way of saying were okay now. They can be so sweet cant they?! image