Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

f.a.o. Karen

How did your scan go. we wanna see piccies image

Replies

• Options
    Hope it all went well,cant wait to see pics.
  • Options
    me too. i love scan pics image
  • Options
    Hope it went well x x
  • Options

Hi,

It went great thanks although we had a bad start to the morning and ended up late leaving. Hollie still has a bad cough and as i was getting her dressed 10mins before leaving, (i had done everything else just needed to dress her and put her in the car), she had a coughing fit and threw up all over the ottoman in the bathroom and herself. So we had to strip her, clean the sick up imageimage and dress her all over again.

I had my bloods done at 8.30 and the plan then was to sit in the cafe for an hour before going to the scan. But it was shut until 9.15am so we sat somewhere else for ages. And the nurse has bruised my arm pulling th needle out and left me with a 50p sized raised lump which has made my whole arm ache. image

Our scan ran late and i couldnt hold my pee because it was hurting so went to the toilet to let a bit out. And as i was sitting there peeing, Ian and Hollie were outside in the corridor when my name got called. Luckily my pelvic muscles seem intact so i held the rest in and got a good view of baby.

Baby is fine, heart is nice and strong although it must have been asleep as it refused to move. And i have been put one day forward so due on the 6th of august. Hollie was amazed by the whole process and sat on Ians knee good as gold watching it all. So now i am happy and looking forward to my 20 week scan in march.

• Options
    glad all is well for you sound like you has a manice morning though
  • Options
    Glad it went well  x x x
  • Options
    congratulations Karen, glad all went well cant wait for the  week scan picture
  • Options
    glad it went well karen, hope hollies feeling better soon! x
  • Options

Glad the scan went well Karen!!

How pants they didnt give you a piccie though image meanie hospitals

Glad baby is all healthy though hun, we had the opposite problem baby wouldnt stop bouncing about and they struggled to get a rytham (sp) of the heartbeat lol got one eventually are sitting there very still LOL

• Options

Glad everything's ok Karen!!!

It's such a shame that you don't get a pic until your 20 week scan, like sarah said it's just plain mean!!

It's lovely to hear that Hollie enjoyed it too image

• Options
    Glad your scan went well.Shame about not getting a picture,but great baby's healthy.
  • Options
    Thats great that all went well in the end.Glad Hollie liked the experience to.
  • Options

Really pleased all went well for you Karen.

Sounds like a typical morning in our house!

• Options
    Hi Karen,
    Glad it all went well.
    Pauline x
  • Options

glad scan went well Karen and that everything is okay with the baby..

had similar experience with Ben this morning, although not quite as bad.. it's been taking me ages getting him ready in the mornings as bending is becoming a bit of an issue and my back and bump have been so sore this week - had just got him all ready for nursery with his hat, coat and shoes on and he said - poo poo mummy, change nappy.. i actually burst into tears, poor boy!! he kept saying sorry mummy, don't cry!! not sure i could have coped if he'd been sick too!

am so glad it's the weekend image