Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Evening all........

Have been busy at times as between here the hospital with my sister,getting my mums book finished and finally being published,have also been looking after my nan. So very busy.

Ive had a few more visits regards my ear but still not had an op date yet so getting rather annoyed at this as i really dont want it over the summer hol's.

My sister was rushed into hospital the other day with real bad belly pains so some stuck up pead Dr to say it was hunger pains as she had not eaten for a while,bless she couldnt eat as she had tonsilitus and huge blisters at the back of her throat which burst but the pead Dr refused to listen to this,in the end after an over night stay it turned out she had blood poisioning from the burst blisters but they still forgot to medicate her for 5 hrs so she was back to square one again. She's now getting better but still in pain.

My mums book is finally done and being printed,it ended up going to america to be published due to the language content,they wouldnt print it here.Her front cover is posted on FB.It will be going into london waterstones soon.

My poor nan has had more problems wiht her neighbour so we have all been taking it in turns to be with her to make sure she's ok,she's 83 and lived in her house for over 20yrs and now has to move coz of this woman. It got so bad that she is currently staying at my mums and has been doing this for 2wks a time for the past few mths as she cant cope with it anymore.

Well that about it form me,have missed not being able to get on here but ive been on FB when at me mums as al the kids live on and our laptop really has had it and just shuts down whenever it feels like it.

Hope everyone is doing well,and gonna go catch up on all the posts ive missed.

Replies

• Options

Hi Emma,

Can't believe your poor sister. I'm glad she's getting better now. I didn't realise your mum was doing a book. What's it about? I hope all goes well with the launch date.

Take care, xx

• Options
    Hi Emma,
    Sorry to hear that your sister has been poorly and that your nan has been having difficulties.
    Wow - your mum's book.
    Hope you get some news about your op soon. Hope Riley is well.
    Take care.
    Pauline x
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about that hun... hugs
  • Options

Thanks all,

My sister is now on the mend, my nan has dcided to move here nearer us and has got herself a litle 2bed bungalo private rent so should move in a few wks.

I got my op date through and it will be on 12th may,not much notice but enough to get riley sorted at least,my mum is going to have him for the wk so i can recover in peace so i will be ready for him when he comes back,he will just think it another holiday for him.

My mums book is called Bitch In Black,its all the stories from her working life on the doors as a security guard,i shall be in it also in the back on the dedications page.image