Forum home General Chat General chat

(Gulp...) Would it be okay to fib to my daughter about when her birthday is?

it sounds awful now that I type it image ... but my daughter's third birthday is midweek, and her party is on Sunday...

Normally we'd have a little special day on her birthday itself, but dh won't be able to be there at all because of work

what do you think... should we nudge all the birthday celebrations to Sunday?

Replies

• I'd give her two birthdays....but then I'm a sentimental old bat.I'm as excited as the kids about their big day.You could let her open some presents on her birthday,some at the weekend.I've been known to do two cakes too
  • i agrre with jo i would do alittle somethink with her on her bithday then again at the weekend

jade xxxx

• thanks... it would feel really odd to postpone it, wouldn't it

I was just worried that her proper day wouldn't feel special enough if we only had a quickie celebration, and she might be left a bit confused or let down. But we should be able to explain it!

B
  • we did two days, as theres too many people and my house is too small, jack didnt care but hes only 2! no idea whats going on lol!
  • Exactly I don't think Kate would know any different - I suspect I'm nost nervous about what her grandparents would think, or that someone would realise and let slip

am living on a wing and a prayer that our party will be sunny enough for the garden... not sure I can keep that hope going every year though image
  • we were gonna do everything in the garden today, he had just enough time to play with his water table before the sky went grey, he didnt mind though, hope your little one has a lovely day xx
  • Hurrah - Kate's birthday yesterday went really well - she's so proud to be 3!

Thanks for all your advice - we had a birthday tea with favourite things and mini-cakes with candles in, and explained that the big cake would be on Sunday at the party.

She just accepted that as the most normal thing in the world... they do, don't they! 

• Glad she had a lovely day.The best thing is she still has another special day to look forward to,and so do you.Looking hopeful for a sunny day for you too.Enjoy

You do know,she'll be wanting two birthdays next year too now don't you?image

• glad it all went well for you, best of luck with the party xxx
  • We always have a 'queens' birthday in this house if their birthday falls midweek. A small family 'tea' on the actual birthday and huge get together on the weekends.
    Being 3 she is probably thinking she is so lucky that the whole week is all about her lol So glad she had a nice day, and have a fab party.

T x