Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

you win some you loose some!

well as you know weve had some concerns about jacks speech, we start speech therapy on the 4th but hes improving, favourite new words are door car please cheese and teddy!!! image he sayes them ALOT!!!

BUT!!!

HES CALLING ME LAURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image

weve always done the mummy daddy etc but hes insistant on calling me laura. he can say mum!!! LITTLE SoD!!!!

tonight i dropped something and he tuts and sayes oh laura, didnt know wether to laugh or cry!

He sayes it so perfectly to, no problems with anounciation!

Kids hey, why do we do it?

Replies

• It's just a phase,cheeky,but he knows it's sort of funny.He'll go back to Mum(my )soon enough.

Matilda's got all our names,and Grandma and Grandad,everyone else is "Colin"(BIL).People,babies in pictures,books,on the telly.Everyone's Colin.Except Dolly

• he does think its funny! little monster! ah well andrew said hes been calling him roo so that cheered me up! and lola Oooola! dead cute!
  • At least he says it!!!! I wouldn't worry he's heard Andrew call it you so prob thinks he will.

I had a friend who insisted her son call her by her name,as she wasn't christened mum! I don't mind that,but I still prefer the lads to call me mum/mummabear/hey fatty bum bum(which is happening all to frequent for my liking)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom once called me babe after hearing big fella shout me!!! That was class! I'm terrible for nicknames and stuff,Tom always calls Joseff lil buddha or lug a bugs!!!!

Good job he doesn't call Ian to his face what I call him when he's not around!image

• well i shouldnt be offended, my poor mum, my brothers calling me mum, shed thought he was for a while and today we went to the chinese buffet and he shouted mum no, when i walked off lol! xx
  • its ok tho, jack answered my phone and i said give it here and he sayes no my ummmah!! mum about cried image
  • Awwww image cute!

I love hearing Tom say mummabear-I swear I'll never tire of it!!!

• im tired of jack saying door, its his thing at the moment!!! he finds as many excuses as possible to say it, today he started knocking on things so he could say door!!!! i swear hes going for a world record
  • That's sweet ,it's lovely when they're learning to talk.If you're tired of door,just wait till it's why?

Whirly's favourite is Oh my goodness sakes!Matilda just names everything she sees.Think her favourite is Dolly.I love the way she says Merlin's name,she has it perfect now,every time she sees something of his she tells me.Still talking an hour after bedtime that one

• Oh not just Tom who does that then!!! We put him to bed 7.30 and he's chatting away to buzz lightyear til almost 9!!!!! Some of the things he comes out with.....Big fella heard him say 'buzz I'm mad aren't I?' !!!!!!

He is mad-he has started naming all his toys and if you forget he doesn't half tell us off!!! Had to txt big fella to tell him the dragonfly had changed it's name to monica!!!!!! Mmm who's mad???image

I'm having hard job remembering who's who!!!!!

• I think 2 year olds are supposed to be mad aren't they?Caught Whirly strutting about in nothing but a pair of wellies TOD.She thought it was normal.Monica?!!!!!!!!!!Arthur used to name toys and the same get really cross if I forgot.There was a  pony called Bugger,a truck called Bojjer and a donkey called Wow.

We have Dolllllieeeee(something like that.) and Dummmmmboooooooooooooo.Lots of lay down,ni-night,and bed.

Then there's calling to Arwen across the room.Sometimes fun and games.Usually Arwen goes to sleep and Matilda talks to herself

• imageputting the small crazy thing in with jack soon, need to let go!

im hoping jack will carry on as normal, were baby sitting my brother next weekend so hell go in with jack as my crash test dummy lol! xx

• Good uck with that! Funny with ours sharing,is what settled Jc of a night!

Jo-why do they name stuff??? And why does my son come out with THE weirdest names ever??

Dragonfly is monica? Elephant is Dennis,tiger-Tarquin!!!!!!!!!!!! There's a parrot called Peter,and loads of dogs-fudgey wudge wudge,domino,super puper,gromit,and the latest Marvel.(supposed to be th daddy fish from nemo-altho he's called Marlon-haven't the heart to break that 1 to him)!

I much prefer the Thomas engines,I'm getting to know all of them!!!!

•  know most thomas engines my cousins were obsessed, since they practically lived with me, the youngests only words were thomas names and he used to test people obsesivly!!!
  • Ha big fella got 1 wrong the other day-and Tom said 'don't you know anything dadyybear?' Lmao at that!!! Thicko-everyone knows Percy!!!!!!image

Must admit I called monica something else today and got glared at!!!!!!!!!!!! That dragonfly is going to be hidden at the bottom of 1 the toy tubs!!!!

• haha, percy, well he may as well have got thomas wrong!! Speaking of thomas if i hear the theme tune once more today ill cry, jack has the connect and sounds thomas and it sings !!! awful noise!!

why on earth did he decide to call a dragonfly monica?

• Yeh,why Monica?

Arthur was mad on Thomas for a while,then he just lost interest.We have a few trains,I'm glad we didn't buy too many.It's all Dr Who and Star Wars now.

Whirly has a Peppa Pig pillow case.Her big Peppa toy has to sleep on the Peppa on the pillow case,her teddy sleeps on Peppa's teddy on the pillow case.Chloe(Gloee bear)sleeps on the other side plus Lottie the elephant(Humphries Corner,I love that stuff)a dolly called Dolly and two rabbits(Pink rabbit and Bunny).This is a single bed,there's barely room for Arwen,but everything has to have its place.

• thats cute jo! doesnt any of that small zoo fall out during the night!

I love the humphreys corner stuff, jacks cotbed, now lolas has humphreys corner on it and i was obsessed with him having the baby clothes that said baby jack on, theyre just too cute!

• I have no idea why Monica? He comes out with alsorts that lad!!!!

Tarquin was worse-who the hell said that to him??? Where did he hear that?!

I did think maybe he'd heard friends-but I doubt it,that's the only Monica I know of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• theres been a tarquin in 64 zoo lane,

i need to get a life!