Forum home General Chat General chat

One bed flat/house?

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience of having a baby in a one bed flat?

We are going to be TTc in a one bed next year.

I personally think it will be ok, its ground floor, own back door, enough room for large cot bed and storage and play pen etc, and nice grounds with park across the road!

but others (including my mum) dont think its a good idea. no one knows we are going to TTC but she has made comments about having a baby here before.

So what do people think? and any experiences?

Thanks is advance

xxx

Replies

• My SIL had a bay in a 1 bed 1st floor flat plenty of people do it and manage. They did move to a 2 bed when their daughter was aboout 6 months but they were expecting no 2!!
  • I live in a one bedroom flat and I believe that we could cope but dh isn't convinced he wants to wait until we can move. My opinion is there will be room loads of people do it these days. Xx
  • It's hard! lol

We're in a 1 bed with a nearly 8 month old baby. Initially it was ok as she was in with us but she was ready for her own room a while ago as we wake each other up - and it does nothing for marital harmony! lol. Oh spends alot of time on the settee, for example he had a cold over Christmas and his coughing and splutterin would've kept her awake so off to the settee he went!

We also struggle with space for all her toys, especially with Christmas and all her new things - if she had her own room we could hide some of them in there but instead they dominate a corner of the living room at the moment!

I suppose my answer would be it's no problem when you're pregnant, and probably not a MAJOR problem for baby's first year - but we are hoping to move in March/April and it can't come soon enough really, although I love where we are as the garden is masive and lovely and we're really handy for town image xx
  • I know what you mean flippingfab, I really missed not getting a nursery ready and seeing everyone else's pictures of nurseries made me a bit sad really, still does! lol.
  • We live in a 1/2 bedroom flat and it's fine for us! We moved in a few years ago so the layout then was 1 bedroom, 2 reception though one of those was a through room. When we were expecting LO we turned the lounge into the nursery and the through room into the lounge. The lounge isn't ideal as its a bit narrow but there's enough space for everything and lucky baby has the biggest room in the entire flat! I would say if you think there'll be enough space then go for it!

When you think that years ago families managed in a two up/two down house and used draws as cribs I think having a single baby in a one bed flat isn't too bad.