Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What's your diet tip?

Mums! Share your tip for sticking to your diet with us for a feature in PP please!

We'd love to know how you avoid snacks, your fave dish on a menu eating out or what you drink when you're watching your weight.

Please post back or mail me on jenny.stallard@magicalia.com

Thanks!

Jenny image

Replies

• I love food, no bones about it, and I always went back for seconds if there was any there.  I still do that occasionally but my first/main portion is now about half the size of what it was previously.  It was really hard to start with but after week I found I wasnt hungry after I'd finished my meal and on the odd occasion that I do go back for more I definately dont take as much.

My only other tip is good old water!  Never drunk much of it before but now I drink lots and it does help.  I ,always have a wee glass of water if I think Im hungry and 9times out of 10 Im not, Im just thirsty.  It really has helped me stick to my diet.

• I lost 2 stone after my number 3 was born,simply by counting the calories I ate,so I could still eat food I liked,just not as much as I had been.I didn't have anything other than  food packaging to go by,so it wasn't particularly accurate,but a rough idea  was good enough.

Also the water helped for me as well.I keep a glass next to the sink and every time I'm at the sink or just passing,I have a quick glass of water.I'm no good at dieting now,but I still do the glass of water,it's good for you anyway.

• i joined weight watchers 8 weeks ago because i thought it was the right time for me to lose this lovely jelly belly and i've lost a total of 13 1/2 pounds with only half a pound to go then i've lost my first stoneimage

i find writing down what i've eaten and sticking it on the fridge door really helps me think twice before reaching for a snack that i don't really need, also my portion sizes are getting smaller and when i do feel like i've got a snack moment coming on i chew chewing gum which then takes my mind off the snack idea