Forum home General Chat General chat

The slippery slope to becoming an addict!

Replies

• Hi lindsey!!!

Thomas land is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image get your tickets cheaper by using tesco clubcard vouchers-if you don't shop there start! As an adult is £25 or so to get in the park,or with vouchers £7 !!!!!!

We have done the day out with Thomas-found it dear and Tom was a lot younger. When we went to Thomas land,Tom was 2 and Jc just 1,he went on a couple of rides!!!

Lots of toddler friendly rides,a zoo,some great eating places(although we took a picnic cos we're tight)!!! a gorgeous gift shop,fat controller there to greet ya,made my son very happy,the best bit for Tom was the playground!!!! A huge spencer to play on,and slides!! He loved it!!!!

I liked crazy bertie bus ride best-go on that before lunch tho!!!! I think all in all I enjoyed it more than the lads!!!!!! Hope you get the opprtunity to go,we were going a month back but it was closedimage So we're going for my birthday after xmas!!!!!!!!

• I didnt know that about the Tesco vouchers!  Will start keeping mine for that now then. 

My favourite was the troublesome trucks rollercoaster.  Caitlin screamed her head off right from the bit just before it goes over the top till it finished-she had me in stitches!!  Think we went on that several times, as both her and Connor loved it.  Little Roo loved the Jeremy plane thingy and the Harold ride.  Thought he was gonna burst when he got outta the car and saw Cranky!!  I really liked the Cranky Crane drop thingy, like things that make my tummy funny! 

• were planning on going for jacks birthday, roo wants to go more than all of us lol! AND were gonna be nice and close to it after the move!

We dont shop at tesco, im an aldi convert, we get fuel there so collect points on that and i get clothes so im sure well get a bit of money off!image

• thanks everyone for the info... i've been on the drayton manor website, corby (my eldest) gets very excited when i show him!!

think i might need to dust of that tesco clubcard though and start using it again!! starting to get quite excited now!!!

thanks again everyone!!!!image will let you know how it goes

• Oh sorry Lynne-did I not tell ya about the vouchers???image SORRY! Yeah a friend let me know and it's an amazing saving. Oh I loved all the rides!!!! The only 1 Tom didn't like was Bulstrode-he didn't cry or owt just looked like he was gonna puke!!!!image

We have saved enough to get all 3 of us in for free next time!!!! Cos we take nanny everywhere-she doesn't like rides,but is chief bag holder and photographer!!!

Ooh I'm excited about going now-and it's months away!!!!

• please post pics rach so i can get very excited! image
  • Thats ok.  Maybe I should read the wee booklet that comes with the vouchers from now on!  When I told OH he just said," yeah i knew that". 

Andrew was the same on Bulstrode-he was laughing and kind of crying at the same time!  It was quite funny.

The time will fly in mummabear.  Im excited for you!! image We are thinking about asking MIL to go next time, more so to spread the cost a bit, cos Andrew will be too big for a cot so we need an extra room.  Might as well fill it if we can.

• That's a good idea! I've been thinking bout staying over save rushing,would be real treat to be there start to finish!!!

Tom wouldn't go on troublesome trucks-he said he did,then bottled it in the queue!!! Bless him,he said he will go on them next time! I'm defo going on them!!!!image

I'll try and put a few on that I took last time Lau-if I can remember where they are!!!!!

• http://www.madeformums.com/members/images/7506/Gallery/cranky_0.JPG

http://www.madeformums.com/members/images/7506/Gallery/jeremy_0.JPG

http://www.madeformums.com/members/images/7506/Gallery/harold_0.JPG

http://www.madeformums.com/members/images/7506/Gallery/mum_and_fc_0.JPG

http://www.madeformums.com/members/images/7506/Gallery/tl_0.JPG

http://www.madeformums.com/members/images/7506/Gallery/thomas_0.JPG

Hope these work!
  • WOW! that looks amazing!!!

when i first heard about it, i was a bit sceptical incase it was another waste of money but it looks soo real, oh we have to go, i want to go NOW!!!!image

• We stayed at the Premier Inn in Tamworth (tamworth Central I think its called?!).  it took us about 5-10mins to drive from there to the park.  We choose it cos we could get us all in the one room and thought it was reasonably priced.  And if you are having the breakfast, the kids eat for free, which is a bit good!
  • that sounds great lynne, im going to have to look into all this after crimbo ready for jacks birthday! image
  •  We went to Thomas Land last week and although my boys aren't really into Thomas had a fab day.

Zak was just big enough for the rides most are 90cm with an adult and went on everything his brother went on he loved it.. Troublesome trucks is great,quite fast .

We're lucky because we live in Tamworth so it's only a five minute drive.

• Clair-any chance we could camp in your garden mate???!!!!!!

For a fee we'd happily pay for a bacon butty in the morning!!!

Lynne,that was the travel lodge we looked at-is it really just 5-10 mins away?

•  Rach sure I could find you a space.

However the travel inn is only a five minute drive from Drayton Manor also a Holiday Inn being built about the same distance away.

The christmas set up there is supposed to be absolutely magical - going to try and go this year hopefully.

• Cheersimage you wont be so welcoming when you see how much bacon the three lads eat!!!!(Ian being the biggest obviously!!!!)

Oh now I have to go at xmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dam shame!!!!!!!!!

Oh Tom would love to see it all lit up and pretty,may look into that,thankyou x

• three little bears is right.we were a bit sceptical when we booked it but its true.  We went during our half term, and the place was full of kids going to it! the breakfast room was like a Thomas fest!! The kids had asked to go for christmas but just cant get the money together-boo!!
  • Aww that's my issue-spare cash.

Sometimes I wish I had millions-purely for the lads sake,so many interesting places to go and visit-you just gotta have the cash-something we're lackingimage

I'm trying to work out if it would be best to go Dec so lads can see the lights instead of early Feb(when we had originally planned to go)image decisions decisions....wish I could afford to go twice,but hey ho,I'm lucky to be able to go there again!!!!!!!

•  I would defo go Dec if you can. Tom is just the right age to be mesmerised by the magic of it all (so is mummy ) x

• Lol-dead right-it'll be me all excited.

Tom gets all excited if he sees the blue lights round the tesco logo in the evening-god bless him,bet people listening think he's locked under the stairs!!!! We went last week for more bed rails for the anti-christ,and Tom jumped out of the car and shouted ''mumma look at the pretty blue lights-they're dazzling''. Bless,funny looks off a gent parked next to us!!!!!!