Forum home General Chat General chat

What was in your hospital bag?

Hi all,

I'm putting together a feature for PP and need some mums to share the essentials you packed in your hospital bag.

What are the essentials no mum should go into hospital without, and what luxuries did you find really gave you a boost?

Please post on here or email me at liz.stansfield@magicalia.com and include your name, age, where you are from and the names and ages of your children, along with a pic please.

Many thanks,

Liz

Replies

• my essentials were arnica tablets, really help soothe and bruising after normal or csection birth, face wipes just make you feel clean and refreshed when your stuck in bed and my own pillow made me much comfier and i slept better too!
  • had all the usual but with my youngest, i took my make up for coming home!  i know that sounds so yummy mummy, but it helped to make me feel a bit more human, cos i was feeling anything but yummy mummy!!  I had been at a wedding two days before so i even had my nails still painted from that too!! 

• I took my favourite shower gel and washing things.Also hand cream.Absolutely definately Lansinoh nipple cream.Mobile phones are allowed now,so  I made sure that waswell charged.Camera essential.Also snacks.I know they feed you but only at set times.

Among the boring stuff was more pads than you'll ever imagine using,and I'm a fan of the disposable pants,even though some people hate them.

• oh yes lansinoh!

My lovely midwife went shopping on her break for me! 

• Thanks guys-these are great! look out for them in pp-feb issue x