Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

anybody any advice?

my partner and i currently have our 4 children(2 are his step children) living with us we have a girl who is 11 and 3 boys who are 6, 3 and 2 and are expecting another little boy in 4 weeks, our 3 year old is autistic and has mobility problems, we live in a 3 bed house its a bit of a squeeze but we have adapted to it and suits us fine,

my partner has 3 children from a previous relationship a girl who is 7 and 2 boys 11 and 8 we look after them 5-6 days a week as there mum works and they stay over every friday and every other saturday we have got them sleeping bags and they dont mind camping out on the living room floor

now the dilema is:

my partners kids mum isnt coping at all she has had social services and loads of other organisations involved, she also has mental problems, we try to help as best we can but nothing works she basically doesnt cvare, her job means more to her then the kids, she fritters all her money away so the kids live off sausage and chips every day they dont eat here, and they basically look like tramps, clothes to small. dirty etc she also basically lets them do whatever they want, they run wild and will not do anything they are told yesterday she flipped and tried to abondon the kids but ended up taking them and instead of bringing the kids to us she dropped them off at a friends house who cant look after her own kids and her and her partner are very unstable and went to work which was more important then her kids welfare

hubby found ourt where they were and went and got them and has admitted he doesnt want to give her them back

i feel a bit stuck as i know it will be better for them, but i have my own kids welfare to think of, coping wirth 4 children is hard enough how will i with 7 and a baby on the way where will they sleep and also financially

congratulations if you made it to the end without falling asleep and hope someone has a bit of advice

Replies

• Options
    I feel for you it must be really hard knowing what to do for the best.

I too have 5 kids in a 3 bed house and it a squeeze but we manage but fitting another 3 kids would be hard.

But i have to say put yourself in your husbands shoes. If they were your kids living like that wouldn't you do ANYTHING to get them out of that situation?

As for the money with tax credits, child benefits and the money i assume your hubby pays in maintenance you would manage.

These are just my thoughs you must do what you think is best.

Take care.

xx