Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

phil & teds

anyone know the difference between the 4 different models??

i like the vibe best because its chunky, but its pricey, looked at a sport but back seat looks small, jack and lola both tall now, and may have a nap in there so want there head supported. Also is the sports footrest a mare to keep clean, should i get a dash for plastic foot rest.

Oh perlease help me!!!!

Replies

• Don't know the real difference-pop on official website and have a butchers. Have seen the vibe,and I thought the handle bar looked very close to hood-could be a prob for Andrew,Ian can't get his hand between handle of tandem and hood!!!!

Or has my chap just got hands like  a bear????!!!!!!!

• haha,

been on the website tons, having problems comparing, i know they have slight differences but theyre not making it obvious for me!

Need to make up my mind before january, the icandy has to find a new family to love it, its just too heavy now for two big children and its a mare getting in our tiny car, i want easy for me comfy for kids!

• OMG YOU SELLING THE BEAST??????!!!!!!!!!!

Never thought that would happen! I like the dash-can't remember why-think 2nd seat looked more padded than sport. You had a look on e-bay???

• yep, ive got to.the maclaren will go shortly after if jacks stops naps.

Its so pointless having it, i do love it so very very much, but Jacks walking alot more so its silly having such a beasty double, the buggy board on it in singles really nice but again the cars too small, maybe i should sell the car? image

And also when we move its easier to use buses to town etc and the icandy makes those drivers groan so badly! And we will be at the top of a mega hill and everyones been telling me that p&ts are the nicest double to push!

I cant find measurements of the seats anywhere, i want to know the size of the doubles seats.

My only bugbear is no hood on the doubles seat, but i have a rayshade for the summer which will do that job.

• I was going to buy the shade a babe hood for back-but pointless for me as Jc sits in front seat now and Tom walks-unless going into town then he is in 2nd seat but raincover shields him so ok for now.

You'll get a good price for it tho-they hold their price very well.image

Like mine but am paranoid after 2 flat tyres,it is really light tho-well I've never pushed the icandy but it looks bigger than P&T

Front seat can be used til 5yr old,2nd seat I think roughly 3 yr old-the weight should be on website,but unsure about actual seat size

• that was my main pull, how big the front seat is, lolas soo soo tall and i want this to last.

i want something easy to use, is it really easy to fold? is it a pest popping the seat on and off?

• No seat is mega easy. It is a little awkward to fold to put in boot-basically you just clip 2 things at side down and it collapses on itself-the awkward bit is fitting it in boot-you could take the wheel off tho-that's easy enough done too.

For alight buggy to push-It's weirdly heavy to lift into boot-iyswim!!!!!!

Huge front seat Jc looks lost in it-and he's a monster!!!!! Like a bucket seat,really roomy.

I can only find 2 faults-and you know how damn awkward I am!!!!!

1) pneumatic tyres-can't get on with them-but your'e used to them so ney bother to you.

2) awkward to fold into boot-but again if I took wheel off it would be easier.

Other than that it's perfect and I mean that!

• i prefer them wheels, so thats good.

After putting an icandy pear in a 106 i can imagine the p&t will be a breath of fresh air, just gotta sell the beast and i can start hunting!

• Excellent!!!! Happy shoppingimage  Hope you get good price for beloved beast x
  • i wont let it go below £350

we paid £560 for basic package and on top of that theres a carrycot, maxicosi carseat and two sets of carseat adapters (single/double) that adds up to about £820

• What-I wouldn't let it go for less than £500!!!!!

Hope someone appreciates what you've paid and what a bargain they'll get

• haha, ok youve swung me, when we do ebay im reserving it around £350 i recon! they often go for £500ish and i have extras,

keeping my buggy snuggles though!

• the vibe can be folded without takn the double seat off it has nicer padded seats and the brake is on the handle bar so u dont have to bend ure leg under the double seat when you want to stop.and the hood is huge and moves frely so you can use it as a sunshade

i put my pear on ebay n ony got 256 quid my own fault for not putting a reserve

• thanks for the reply rebecca, i really like the vibe but the double seat is so much smaller i cant have it image

Ive had two offers on my pear for £400 and £450, just waiting for them to come and see it now!

• aw they r great offers for your pear hope u get rid of it soon .

the double seat on the vibe does look quite small, my toddler will walk a bit now so i jut put baby in the front and when he gets tierd he just jumps in the back , ewve my 3 year old will hop in lol.

how old r ure babys ?

• my eldest is 2 and a half, youngest is one!

Ive just been offered a straight swap of a brand new vibe (unwanted gift) for the pear, SOOOO tempted!