Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

car to fit 3 car seats?

I have 2 boys 3 and 15m. I normally reside in bisept09.

We are planning to ttc no3 next year, however we know we need a new car this year. We want to be prepared and get a car that we can keep for a few years.

Basically do you have any recommendations of cars that fit 3 childseats? Hubby really does not want a people carrier, so it would be an estate or something similar that 3 child seats will fit safely across the back seat.

Thanks

xxx

Replies

• Options
    a car with 3 proper seats in the back would be good, like a megane scenic.
  • Options
    hey i've got 4 little ones age 5(tomorrow), 3, 17months and 10wks - i have a Volvo XC90, great car very nice to drive, plenty of space for little ones on first row of back seats and then two full sized seats behind that. Also beats any other family car hands down on the NCAP safety tests.

Jo xxx
  • Options
    It depends on your budget really, i would have loved a volvo xc90 but as im expecting our 3rd child i had to be realistic image

We actually decided to keep our Renault Laguna, we get three seats in it. It also has a massive boot. Once the seats are in the back theres no room for anything else. We get 35-40mpg average and even more on the motor way. Tyres are cheap, tax isnt bad and i think its group 11 insurance. Its a nice enough car but not very funky. oh and it has a 5* ncap safety rating.

I have to say though i have this car because i was being sensible, there are alot of cars out there that are nicer and will do the job just aswell if you have a bigger budget.

• Options
    We are about to buy a VW Touran (2nd hand), as I'm expecting baby #3 in 1 week (eek!).

We looked at a Fiat Alhambra, but it seemed really big!

Volvo XC90s are lovely, but a 9 year old one costs ??10,000, I'd rather spend that much on a newer car if I had the budget!
  • Options
    We have a chevrolet tacuma, and its lovely and spacious. We currently have a car seat and a toddler read racing car seat and theres stil room in the middle seat. Ive just googled it and found a post by someone on mumsnet posted at the end of last year who said you can fit 3 car seats in the back....the older version is the daewoo tacuma. they do lose their price easily but it means you can get them for a bargain second hand. I dont think they make them anymore.

Ive copied some of her post below....

''Its got all the mod cons: air con, cd player, remote locking etc etc...but isn't quite as flashy as some newer cars - we were looking at the new shape renault scenic at first, but heard a lot of bad stuff about the electrics being dodgy and the electric handbrake is a common fault with a ??900 repair bill , so that put us right off!! I love newer cars, but don't like that nearly everything in them is electrical and it scares me a bit as is expensive to repair if/when it breaks!

We got an absolute bargain on ours: is 2005 reg, only 28k miles on the clock, full service history: ??2k!!!

There is room in the back for three car seat, really good sized boot and lots of hidden storage: under floor, draws under the drivers and passengers seats etc. However if you want space and practicality as a decent price, this is the car for you!!'

the tax is a bit more as its classed as an mpv, but our insurance is low