Forum home General Chat General chat

The Insane Gang - new meeting place

Replies

• LOL sounds good to me! lubing up the exit slide i think! hehe tmi sorry! hope u got some sleep?
  • Hahaha! 'Lubing up the exit slide' - love it! :lol::lol::lol:

Think it was bits of the mucus plug coming away as I had a couple of big really snotty bits later on (sorry, sooooo gross!) Don't think I've lost the whole thing but it's more progress at least...

Tomorrow would be a good birthday I think. xx
  • hehe, how r u tilty? havent seen on here or fb today? hope he/she is on the way! im booked in for a glucose tolerance test on weds to see if im diabetic so fingers crossed its all clear! she did do another urine sample today tho and no sugar in my wee this time! woohoo! tilty good luck!!!! xxxxxxx
  • hello all - just a quicky to say hello! very busy with last 2 weeks of dissertation writing so have ignored you for a while but i'll be back proper soon image looking forward to your news tilty and am check fb regularly for updates. mrs me i'm sure you will be fine - like you say, i'm sure your pregnancy has been eventfull enough without more drama!!

must dash and be focused - love to all and wil be back in touch proper once the bloody thing is handed in before easter.

Txxxx
  • Just checking in to see how it's going Tilty?

huge huge best wishes for when it does happen (if it hasn't already!)

xx
  • tilty.............. im EXCITED! lol x
  • Tilty seems to be awol!!!

Hope this is a good sign baby Tilty on their way!!!

Shall check FB regularly tonight!!

Jen
  • LOL jen, she has dissapeared, baby must be on its way, somethings going on anyways, im off sick this week, so have been checkin fb and on here religously lol. hope theyre both ok xxx
  • Hi,

Really sorry for vanishing and getting all your hopes up! I've just had a pretty busy couple of days (trying to take my mind off things - although not very successfully!) Still no baby, argh! Can't be much longer now though surely?!

I don't have any new or exciting signs, just the same as has been happening for a while now - cramps / BH etc. I also think some of my mucus plug came away but not the whole thing... I really thought based on what the midwife after my last appt. I'd have given birth by now! Feels at the moment like I'm just destined to stay at 2cm dilated forever and for nothing more to happen!

If nothing happens over the weekend I've got another midwife appt. on Mon and will have another sweep. I'll also get booked in for induction at 12 days late (a week tomorrow, assuming they induce people at weekends?) I'm REALLY hoping not to get that far though!

I've tried literally every trick in the book but with no joy - and I'm going to scream next time someone tells me 'ah, they come when they're ready' with a smug look on their face (even if it is true, it's very annoying to keep being told it!) Although maybe my hormones are contributing just a bit to making me irate! :lol:

I hope everyone else is well? I feel like I'm monopolising things a bit with my 'when will I pop?' chat all the time at the moment!

mrs*me* it's great news that your latest urine sample had no sugar in it - fingers crossed for the all clear next week.

LadyT it sounds like you're pretty busy with your dissertation - good luck, and looking forward to hearing from you more once it's all finished! image

I'll keep you all posted - will try my very best to get on here once my labour starts to let you all know, but of it all happens to quickly (or just hurts too much to think about it!) my sister should be posting something on my facebook page once I text her with the news.

Please think lots of birthy thoughts for me! xxx
  • OMG - just finsihed typing that and my waters broke! Yippee! image

The hospital want me to go in and get checked now - they warned me that I may well get sent home again overnight if nothing gets started soon, but fingers crossed... I'll keep you all posted and hopefully next time you hear from me I'll have given birth! xxx
  • eeeeeeeeeeeeeek yay tilty! GOOD LUCK, beautiful day to have a baby, altho u may of already given birth by now! lol cant wait to hear from u xxxx
  • Just seen some congratulatory posts on your facebook Tilty! So huge congrats! What did you have? Hope all went well and looking forward to hearing the news officially!! xx
  • CONGRATULATIONS TILTY AND BABY TESS!!! So pleased to hear your FB news yesterday and very impressed at the 3 hr labour - tips please!! Look forward to hearing all about it from you soon. Hope the three of you are doing well and enjoying your first few days as a family.

Lots of love,

Txxxxxxxxxx
  • tilty, just seen the pics on fb, awww she is sooo gorgeous! hope ur doing well.

OMG ive just realised...... im next!!!??? arrggh! xxx
  • Hi all,

Thanks ever so much for the congrats! Sorry I haven't been on before now but figured you'd all have seen the news on facebook image Life has been a bit hectic over the past few days as you can imagine!

Anyway... my very speedy birth story (picking up from last post above!) is:

After my waters broke I went into hospital to get checked as requested, but nothing was happening at that point apart from braxton hicks and I was only 3cm dilated so they sent me home again. I had a bath and got my things ready to go back to hospital when it all began properly.

I was going to try and sleep, but before I could think about that it all really kicked off. The contractions started getting quite painful and before too long I they were coming every few minutes lasting almost a minute each. This threw me because it wasn't going 'by the book', so I got hubby to phone back again (I was hanging off the door frame during contractions at this point and couldn't speak) and they told me to come back in. I felt pretty silly at the time for going back so soon and was sure I was going to be sent home again, but was in quite a lot of pain and was confused by how fast it seemed to be happening, so also really wanted to be checked out.

The car journey to the hospital was pretty painful - if I'd left it any longer there's no way I could have stayed sitting down all the way there! By the time we got back to hospital (only 15 mins ish from my house thankfully) the contractions were coming thick and fast. It's notmally about a 1 min walk from the car park to triage, but it took me ages because I had about 4 contractions en route and kept having to stop and lean against the wall. By the time I got to triage I was crying out in pain and there was barely any break at all between the contractions. I had to lie down on the bed to be examained which was awful - I seemed to get some relief from being on all fours or hanging off things, but lying down was awful! I found it pretty hard to cope at this point and lost the plot a bit with the breathing, so the midwife kept having to remind me.

I was a good 4cm at that point so in 'active labour' (I could have told them that!) so they took me to the labour ward and started running the pool for me. It all gets pretty hazy from here but I remember throwing up a LOT (thankfully I made it to a sink in time) and then collapsing onto all fours while the pool was running and pleading for gas and air! I have to say gas and air is AMAZING stuff - it really helped me focus on my breathing and stopped me losing the plot and starting to moan and cry out so much. It also made me feel a bit drunk and slightly removed from it all, but in a good way, and only while actually sucking hard on it.

Once the pool was ready I somehow got in, and the relief was amazing - it really did help. In combination with the gas and air it took the edge off, although I was still in pretty severe pain with almost no break at all now between contractions.

That was when I found hardest to cope with - it really was a case of one contraction finishing and the next starting, and I often got a double whammy where one ended and then I went almost straight to the peak of another one with no build up to it. I guess that's why it all went so fast - my cervix was dilating at a really fast rate and I must have been going through transition without anyone (myself included!) realising it. I just remember feeling quite disappointed with myself because I thought I was still in early labour and being a real wuss! I also remember wondering how on earth I was going to cope later on if this was just the start and feeling quite downheartened.

The fact that the pool and gas and air were helping me meant I wasn't making such a lot of noise, and I remember the midwife telling me she thought it was all slowing down and that this was common in the pool. I was pretty sure it wasn't though as it felt as fast as ever to me! I was really zoned out at that point and I think I even dozed off a few times because of all the gas and air I had at the peak of the contractions. Some of the contractions were so bad that I had to pretty much fling myself forward to I was almost floating on my tummy in the water because it was the only way to deal with them. I remember just demanding 'gas!' 'gas!' all the time becuase my hubby was holding it. I never swore or said I couldn't cope or anything, although I'm sure I was feeling it inside!

Pretty soon after that I remember feeling a lot of pressure, kind of like I needed to wee and oo with each contraction, and I said that I wanted to push. I think the midwife pretty much told me it was too soon and I'd just have to breathe through it, but I knew I really did, so I kind of started pushing a bit but a bit guiltily, because she had said not to! In all fairness she said she would examine me if I just came out of the pool quickly, but at that point getting out was just an impossible thought in my head - it hurt so much every time I had to get slightly up out of the water so they could check the baby's heart rate.

At some point I decided to just have a feel for myself, and I could feel the head not that far in, so I told them I could feel it on its way down. I kept pushing with each contraction and then feeling for the head to see where it was, and telling them how far it was inside after each one. This is all a bit surreal in hindsight as I guess it is normally the midwife doing this not the person in labour! :lol: It was all again due to me refusing to come out though!

I have no idea how long I pushed for but after a while I could feel the head starting to crown. I did feel quite scared at that point about actually pushing her out, but also knew I had to do it... I needed my hubby to help me into a slightly more upright kneeling position though as I kept hunching over in spite of my best intentions.

Just before she actually came out I did get myself more upright - I think I was trying to subconsciously wriggle her free or something. I remember feeling a lot of burning, although the pain of the crowning was actually not as bad as I thought (as opposed to the contractions, which were much worse!) I don't actually remember the sensation as she came out but maybe because it happened so fast. I remember the midwife saying that with the next contraction the head would be out, then feeling a lot of burning and making a lot of noise, and then she just flew out all in one go!

After she was born I remember seeing a baby shape thing floating on the bottom, and just kind of scooped her up in a bit of a daze and sat there holding her in the water with me as the midwife told me to do. They asked me what sex she was and I honestly swear I knew she was a girl before I even looked, although I hadn't had a feeling through the pregnancy.

I waited for the cord to stop pulsating before it was cut, but then asked for the injection to get the placenta out (I'd been going to deliver it naturally but it was taking a while and the contractions were still really painful at that point - I'd had enough!) Then I had skin to skin for ages and breastfed, which was great.

I was told afterwards that it was only 3 hours of active labour, although my waters had obviously gone some time before without anything getting underway. The fact that it was so quick did make me feel better about it afterwards becuase for most of the way through I remember feeling a bit disappointed in how I was coping. It's just looking back that I can see now why it was so tough, with the contractions happening as fast as they were.

So - that's what happened! This post has been really long so I won't carry on now, but we are all well, in spite of being really tired. Breastfeeding is very hard work, but going ok so far.

I will be back on again soon and say more about how it's all going, but it's time for a nappy change now :lol:

I hope everyone else is well and will speak to you all soon. Sorry for the mammoth post but really wanted to let you all know how it went and what happened! xxx
  • Wow Tilty sounds like a really good labour!

Glad all going well - love the piccys on FB

Susiee - nice to see you 'around' too!

Jen xx
  • amazing birth story Tilty! I'm really pleased you got the water birth and that it was quick (I know I was pretty scared with mine at the pace but mine was 6 hours so double the length of yours! but with hindsight speed is definately better than days and days of labour).

Pictures on fb look lovely, she's gorgeous. Enjoy your first few weeks/days of being a mum and keep us updated with how you are getting on. You'll have been told this a million times but truly enjoy every minute as it really does go soooo fast. I can't believe Noah is 14 weeks already!!

Anyway love to you, Tess and your husband and hope you are getting some rest! xx
  • what a fab bs tilty! so glad u got ur water birth, LOL at refusing to come out! i think sometimes u just know ur limits, and u did what u had to do image sounds like u coped extremly well considering it all happened so fast! well done to u and tess image and hubs of corse, glad ur all well and enjoying being a mummy, much love x x x x
  • What an amazing story Tilty - I'm surprised you can remember in all that detail as it sounds like you really went through it in those 3 hours. Tess is a really pretty baby by the way and what lovely blond hair!.

Hope everyone else is OK?

Mrsm - so its you next!! How exciting. What is your due date and when are you finishing work?

I've got my 20 week scan on Monday which is exciting. Hoping everything is fine and that they'll be able to tell us what we're having. Feel like I can't make any purchasing decisions until I know whether its a girl or boy - ridiculous I know!
  • awwwww t im sooo excited for u for monday!!! good luck! cant wait to find out what ur having!! i finish work on thursday! woohoo! and edd is 24th june.

i ahd glucose tolerance test as me and peanut are measuring large, so tested for diabetes, so who knows, i dont think it is tho, think i may be boked in for a growth scan tho, as we r uite big hehe, so hopefully they change my edd so a bit sooner, fingers crossed!!! 2 months to go!! and i cant wait! sooo fed up of being preg now! xxx