Forum home General Chat General chat

The Insane Gang - new meeting place

123457»

Replies

• Would love to see your bump mrsme - can you post a piccie? The next 2 months will fly by I'm sure, enjoy your moments of quiet time while you can, as you won't have much 'mrsme' time afterwards!! Would be exciting if you were further along than you thought!

Wow finishing work on Thursday - that's so soon, enjoy your last week and hope everyone at work spoils you rotten and gets you some lovely presents for peanut. Do you mind if I ask why you're finishing so soon? Did you have lots of holiday to use or did you want more time to rest before? I'm just interested because I've got to make that decision in a couple of weeks and I'm not sure what to do. I've got 2 weeks holiday saved and then I was thinking of taking maybe another week so finishing 3 weeks before EDD - what do people think of that. You guys know if its realistic or not... How long did you all have off before?

How are our 4 little munchkins and their mummies? Hope you're all well.

Well I'm in the final stretch of dissertation so I've got a weekend of work planned and then that's its - phew, what relief I'll feel once its in!!

Have a good weekend everyone,

• glad ur almost finished t! that'll be a weight off ur shoulders!

will post a bump piccy below for u image

yeah of corse, thats fine, well i had some hol left ( 2 and 1/2 weeks) so thought oo well i will use that, then arrange my mat leave just after, then found out that 2 weeks b4 the hol i had booked was easter and royal wedding etc etc, so booked the 3 days in between thse off aswell. yay! so officaily mat leave doesnt start til may 9th, (6 weeks b4 edd). it is very early, and i was originally planning on taking it as late as poss inc my holiday, but my work have been so awful to me, ad treated me really unfairly, when i was really sick at the start, they would purposly give me more work, even tho my supervisor and colleges had nothing to o they would still stick everything on my desk, and not answer the phones, so i would have to, when it was osv i wasnt well,i would run off to be sick many times a day, then 2 secs after coming back in the would leave the phones for me to answer image obsv now im gettign quite large and had hip and back ache and could hardly walk b4 i saw the physio, i do the filing in my office which was fine, but there was a massive load one day and i was really struggling with the bottom draws as i couldnt bend over far enough adn was in alot of pain, again it was obsv i was struggling, i was huffing and puffing, and they just sat and watched, again they had nothing to do! our office is very small and very quiet, and they have just been so out of order since i started! when i used to run off to be sick they would just snigger at me. theres only 3 of us in the office, my manager (a bloke.... TWAT) sorry lol, my supervisor... a woman, 40 something, divorced, no children, shes the worst image and then another bloke, age 30, no gilrf, no children. so anyways, long story short- ish, they have been treating my unfairly so im ot going back there, taking 1 yr mat leave and wont return, (they dot know that yet) so i figure if im not going back, why go in and let them treat me that way, so took it as early as i could so i can chill out. have had many tears over things they have done and said, its such a shame coz i actually like my job, its ust the people, and theyve always been nice to me until i got preg. theyve done and said loads of other stuff that takes ages to explain. i reckon when im getting towards the end of my mat leave i will start looking for a part time job somewhere, even if its just in tesco or something, i dont mind really, as long as it pays the mortgage thats all that matters image

good luck monday!!!! xxx
  • http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae106/mrslast2b/28weeks.jpg?t=1302886313

this was 2 weeks ago, altho i havent grown really atall since then x x x pls excuse my polar bear pjs! haha, and omg u can see my first stretch marks eeek image xxxx
  • poop! didnt work, will try again!

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae106/mrslast2b/28weeks.jpg?t=1302886441

• Mrsme that's absolutely terrible the way you were treated at work and I don't blame you for leaving early and not going back. Nothing is worth putting up with that sort of treatment - what total c**ts (pardon my french!). Take the maternity pay off em and run - that's what I say! What a lovely long break you'll have now though, just hope the weather stays nice for you so you can lounge around in your garden topping up your tan.

Wow wee that's some bump you have there! I can't quite get my head around the fact that mind will probably be that big too in a few months time - seems so far away yet its already been 5 months - where does the time go!

Right, break over, back to the dissertation - nearly there though yay.
  • LOL t, took the words right out of my mouth! haha they expect me to put work b4 mine and my babies health, i think not! grrr.

haha thats what i said to my mum, i shall be spending my time in the garden catching some sun and i have a friend who is due in may, so will spend some time with her too, may borrow her baby for some last min practice too! lol.

5 months already! wow! and yeah i know! i went from almost no bump, to looking like im gonna give birth any min! lol u must have a little one forming now? x x x
  • Its a girl! Kind of confirmed what we already suspected...in fact everyone thought we were having a girl from my bump shape but I thought that was an old wives tale. Anyway, really over the moon (although would have been happy with either) but does mean I can start looking for lovely girly bits and pieces once my dissertation is in (which is pretty much now done)!!

Enjoy your last week at work mrs me and stick your middle finger up at them as you walk out the door lol

xx
  • argggggghhhhhhhhhh! T congrats! a baby girl! yay image sooo happy for u!

having a miserable week at work image sarky mean commenst about me being off sick etc, i do have a friend in the office who said they had been saying awful things about me when i was off, so upsetting she didnt want to tell me? so probly soething to do with little peanut or something? so thats upset me a bit, but hey ho! eff em! lol 2 1/2 days left! woohoo.

do any of u lot still peak to sarahbear? she has had a little boy called charlie, she had him i think at around 28/10 weeks preg? so very tiny, but hes weight is going up and hes now starting to breastfeed, and hes doing really well, such a sweetie!

how is everyone else and all the bubbas? im thinking its been quiet on here coz all u mummys on maturnity leave have been enjoying the sun with ur little ones. i bought some baby sun block the other day! just so im prepared! lol... o and a rain mac!

tilty, i know ur super busy with tess (glad u went with that name btw, ive liked it since u first mentioned it) its lovely. wishing u well and hope everythings good ur end.

also lady2188 who used to post on here had her baby maddie a couple of weeks ago, 11lbs!!!!????? bless her, shes only small aswell! (lady2188) not the babe! LOL. theyre both doing well, altho poor lady2188 is back in hosp atm on a antibiotic drip as her csec scar hemoridged and shes having a few troubles with it, she is ok tho. thought i would update u all image

xxxxxxxx
  • Woohoo T congrats on her being a girl!!!!!!!! Do you have any names yet or is it all too soon?

Well done on the dissertation xxxxx

Mrsme: last few days and then you can forget about the horrible people hun!!

Thanks for the update on Sarahbear... she was the original 'insane gang member' so its nice to hear about her.

Also Lady2188 wow 11lbs! makes you wanna cross your legs doesn't it!

I hope Susiee and Tilty are doing well with their bubs xx

Was gonna ask... how much do you use BE now?? I only come on here to chat on this thread as the DIJ ladies have started a group on FB so noone posts on here anymore and was gonna suggest that maybe we move our chat from here to a closed group on FB as I don't know about you guys but I am on there everyday and it would be easier

Have a think about it and we'll discuss!

Caitlin is 3 months old today!! wow how fast has that gone! Not really got any other news!

Jen xx
  • 3 months jen, wow that has gone fast! glad ur al doing ok, no news is good news i spose image i am on fb all the time hehe, well i am now anyways, i reckon once peanut arrives it will be alot less! i only come on be now to post on this thread.

so im officailly on mat leave! woooop! so glad to of left! t.w.a.t.s lol. sooo what to do with myself for the next 8 weeks? i have put a load of washing on today, all the babys stuff, so exciting! cant wait til its done so i can see all the little clothes on the line! its sooo hot today so im def staying inside! results for my diabetes test came back negative woohoo! so i can ejoy easter eggs and not feel guilty! lol. hope everyones having a great long weekend, have a great easter everyone! x x x x x
  • susie!!! omg hi! sooo glad ur doing well! pics are gorgeous! daniel is so lovely! and dont worry, spend as much time with little one as u can, they grow up sooo quickly.. so im told lol.

we have everything ready yeah, well nursery is decorated, just half the contents are now scattered across our living room, so thats my task when hubs goes back to work on tues. picking the pram up next week. and thats it! hospital bag al packed! just need baby now image it suddenly dawned on me the otherday, ok yes we have all this stuff, and we are all 'ready' but once baby comes home... what on earth do we do with it! lol i have never looked after a newborn b4, neither has hubs. haha sounds silly, but i never really thought about that bit! LOL.

we have antinatal classes booked too! its a day thing, so me and hubs are going on 6th may, and then on 10th may i have a breastfeeding class. so they should be fun.

lol @ u and tilty, text or email at all hours for company! hehe, me and ladyt are the only ones on here with a good chance of a full nights sleep atm!

cranio sacral osteo--- what on earth is that? LOL but if it has helped him be less grizzly im intreiged? sooo glad he is doing well.

omg thats sooo bad about the drip! what an earth were they doing!? i didnt even know u could go down in cm image i thought u just stayed the same, or went up. thats awful image poor u! and poor daniel must of wondered what on earth was going on! i think thats sooo lovely about the geese, sounds like a beautiful moment, even if it wasnt what u had planned. so how is ur scar healing? lol at what hubs said about ur lady bits being preserved! hehehe. as u say, just glad he came safe and sound, and u seem well too image

as for me... LOL omg dramatic friday night! its been soooo hot here, so ive just been staying in the house safe in the shade (im not one for heat) so after staying in the shade all day, me, hubs, my dad, his girlf and her kids all went for a meal for one of the kids bdays. its litterally a 5 min walk from our house the restaraunt, so we walked, it was half 5, so sun was going down, and wasnt overly hot, and its such a short walk i didnt think anything of it. it actually took us 20 mins! LOL i walked sooo slow! it was hotter than i thought, but i had hat and sunnys on ust in case. so anyway, got to the restaraunt, (chinese buffet yummm) and it was sooooo hot in there! they had no aircon or fans or anything! ergh1 it was awful, so i was feeling pretty rough! i had lots of water, but felt pretty darn bad to be fair. i tol hubs i was feeling faint, so he was on standby (i am a fainter, lol so hes used to it, in the heat i really dont cope to well, and have passed out a few time, not since being preg, but when i say i feel faint, he knows, i probly will at some point lol) so sat at the table for a while longer, my dad was trying to tell me to go outside as teh sun had gone in, too cool down, but i knew if i stood up, i would pass out. so eventually it was time to go... slowly stood myself up... and bang, passed out! it was just a matter of time really... next thing i no im laying on the floor of the restaraunt and realised i had passed out, i was panicking soo much started crying and shaking, i was sooo scared i had hurt peanut! it wasnt moving either. probly shocked the poor babe! hubs reassured me, that he caught me, and just lowered me to the ground, so i didnt bash to the floor or anything, but still i was pretty distraught. got a life home, had an ice lolly and lots of water, eventually, an dhour ish later peanut started kicking me! thank god! bloody heat! so 8 weeks left to go, and hubs has said im not to go anywhere in the heat unless im with someone image so im pretty much house bound for the next 8 weeks, as all my family work during the week. so im gonna be bored! i spose hes right tho.

also my bump has major dropped in the last week or so, saw mw, got my diabetes results, they came back negative image so i can eat all the easter eggs i want! lol. and baby is head down already!? maybe thats why im so low? strange. my family keep saying they cant see me going to full term coz bump is so low and im so big. but lets face it, theyre not just gonna get a babe out early bcoz its big, im sure many ladies have had bigger babies than me and carried to full term (ie lady2188).

anyway thats all from me, hope the rest of u and babies are enjoying the sunshine. and t hope ur feeling ok.

xxxxxxx
  • Hi everyone,

So so sorry for going AWOL but I must admit I had no idea how busy I would be with a new baby and how finding time to do ANYTHING else is almost impossible at times! We are all well though and I'm really enjoying everything, and slowly getting used to the lack of sleep etc. although it was pretty tough at first being so tired and feeling so weak after the birth while trying to get used to parenthood at the same time!

I have only skimmed through the posts in case Tess wakes up before I can reply, so sorry if I have missed things out...

Jen, I think the idea of a private facebook group is great - I am the same, I only really come on here to chat to you all on this thread now! I am just so busy at the moment it would make it much easier if we had somewhere on facebook to post becuase I am on there most days anyway replying to messages etc. We could swap mobile no's etc. on there too for late night moral support if we're all awake with screaming babies! Would you be willing / able to set one up for us to use?

mrs*me* I'm so sorry that your work colleagues are being so awful - I loved Lady T's description of utter c**ts or whatever it was though - nearly made me double over laughing! :lol: Really glad you don't have long left (or have you actually finished now?) So glad you're not going back there either if they're being so awful to you.

That looks like a fab tattoo you have by the way - what is it? And I also have a a pair of those pyjamas! image

LadyT, another girl! Brilliant! (Although all babies are brilliant of course - it's just so exciting to know!) I hope you enjoy shopping for pink things. I never thought I'd be someone who would dress a girl all in pink as I was always more of a little tomboy myself, but I have totally proved myself wrong and have been going really gooey over all the cute pink floral things we have been bought. Most of what we were given was 0-3 months which is much too big at the moment so I even had to rush out to buy a little pink dress in newborn size just to get something that wasn't in unisex colours!

Susiee, thanks very much for the birth story. Please please don't give yourself a hard time - it's so easy to do when things don't go as planned but honestly, it sounds like you did really well at home for so long and as you said, it sounds like Daniel maybe just wasn't going to come out naturally and wasn't happy during the labour, so what happened really must have been the best thing for him.

I must admit I also felt kind of disappointed in myself during my own labour becuase I found the contractions so much harder to deal with than I thought I would and at the time felt like I was being a real wimp making lots of noise / not able to keep still / refusing to get out of the pool to be examined etc. (I had no idea at the time how fast it was all going and just thought I was coping really badly). I think it must be quite common for people to have an idea in their head before labour of what it is going to be like / how they will cope and then feel bad when it doesn't happen that way, but I really think us women are far too hard on oursleves at times - labour is a hugely intense thing to go through and it is difficult (as is the nine months of pregnancy before it!), so however our babies come out in the end, we have really done a bl**dy good job and should be proud of ourselves!

Daniel is absolutely gorgeous by the way. I have seen your pics on facebook too - he is so much like his dad isn't he?! I still don't know who Tess looks like - she doesn't remind me of either of us at the moment, although I guess as she gets older she will change a lot.

Can I ask a question for all the others who have had babies already - do you ever have trouble getting them to lie down during the day? I am quite lucky in that Tess seems (at the moment at least!) to know the difference between day and night, and does go back to sleep at night time after feeds etc. But during the day often she just wants be be held all the time and gets really upset if I put her down. Even if she is asleep, she just seems to know, and wakes up as soon as her back touches her bed! I don't want to give her bad habits by picking her up the second she starts to cry, but also realise she is only 2 weeks old and maybe just does need lots of cuddles / compamy during the day after being in her crib all night... But is it quite normal / common for them to be quite clingy at this age? Any tips for coping / getting things done during the day with baby who just wants hugs?!

Really sorry if I've missed anyone off but I just think it's nappy and feed time now so will have to go... Jen, let us know about any facebook group you come up with. Great idea!

Speak soon all xxx
  • ooo and yes i forgot to say i think the fb group is a good idea too image

LOL tilty, my tattoo is a lizzard, but its more of a crocodile now! hahaha it was only small... now its massive! lmao. yeah i have finished work now, woohoo!

so glad u and tess are ok, hope ur enjoying mummyhood. im off to eat easter eggs for breaky! hehe x x x x x
  • Hello everyone

Hope you all had a lovely Easter and didn't eat too many eggs (except mrs me, you of course have an excuse to scoff as many as you like now you don't have diabetes!!!). Mrs Me - so pleased you've now left that dreadful job, nobody needs that sort of negativity in their lives - c**ts was definitely the right word to describe them lol. Sorry to hear about your fainting spell, what with your sickness and now fainting, bet you'll be glad when peanut finally arrives.

Susiee, thanks for the birth story, always so interesting to hear what really happens. Please don't feel bad or dwell on the c-section - labour sounds like one of those things where even the best laid plans always go to pot and you just have to do what's best for mummy and baby. Daniel is absolutely lovely by the way and look forward to seeing more and more photos on fb (and like Tilty says, just like his dad!).

Tilty, hope you're managing to get some more sleep - bet you must be knackered at the moment. Has your OH gone back to work yet?

Jen - can't believe Caitlin is 3 months already, really time does fly! She's so pretty in her latest pictures! BTW - happy to move our group to fb - I'm on there all the time because I can look on my phone so I would definitely find it much easier to keep in touch.

Kernow, hope you and Noah are OK? Your fb comment about not being asked for ID made me laugh - how rude of them!

I'm OK - I think I'm at that nice part of being pregnant where your energy levels are restored after the tiring first 3 months. My bump is developing quite nicely - but just starting to realise how difficult its going to be doing some tasks soon...i.e. painting my toe nails and cycling! Both of which I did this weekend and then realised it was probably my last time for a while!!

We have a couple of names that we liked but I think we are going to keep them to ourselves for a bit until we're sure about them. I think we'll try and narrow it down to two before the big day and then see what she looks like when we meet her.

I am booked in for another scan at 32 weeks because I have a low lying placenta....after much googling, this doesn't seem to be a big deal so am not worried about it.

Anyway, must dash - got so much on at work at the moment (they are certainly getting their money's worth out of me at the moment!). Only a two day week this week though so very pleased about that.

Love to you all

Txx