Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hi there new to BE and need some advice please

Hi everyone. Im new to BE. My partner and I have been talking about TTC since before christmas now. Im very excited about this as I have been wanting to try for a baby for a while. We have been together for 3 years (but went to school together so have known each other for a lot longer) recently decided to get engaged as well so all is good. However, I need some advice when it comes to in laws and well parents in general (mine included!)

Basically both sets of parents do not see eye to eye (in the sense that they cannot even be in a room together without it being like WW3) Also both sets are VERY opinionated, they think we're too young to even be getting engaged....(we're 23) considering my own mum had me at the age of 22 and my partners parents were already married at 23...seems a little hypocritical... anyway this talk about TTC is really becoming very stressful as we both don't know how to handle telling the families. It makes me angry that I feel like we cant enjoy this experience and the excitement of it as we're constantly worrying how other people will react...surely it shouldn't matter about what other people want and we should just live our lives how we want to??? :? My partner is beginning to get cold feet about the whole thing and its really upsetting for me. I am still taking my pill at the moment as we agreed we would wait until my pill packets run out (next month) but now because of my partner not wanting to disappoint his family I feel like he is having second thoughts. I asked him about this and he just said "I want to do whats best for everyone concerned" which surely just means the two of us right?? Or are his family always going to have such a huge influence.

Anyway sorry about the long rant, just feeling so much pressure. Not sure what to do, I haven't made an appointment to get another pill prescription at the moment either image