Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What is your smallest age gap?

I have also psoted this on the nest forum, but noticed not all of you are over there, so I hope you dont mind me asking this on LF on BE too.

Hubby and I would like more than 2 children if we are able to. I like the idea of having 2 close together. My sister and I are 16mths apart (I wasnt planned!!) and on the whole we got/get on really well. After having my dd I realised as a mother two young children in age must be hard work. When expecting our 2nd people said 2, 3 etc are easier, at first i didnt agreem then when ds was 2mths and things got into a routine i understood where people were coming from.

For some reason I have always thought 4-5 chldren would be nice. with this number in mind i think i would prefer 2 and 3 close together then a gap then 4 or even 5. Obviously I dont know what the furture holds but I hope you get where i am coming from.

So my queston is how close is your smallest age gap, was it planned and what is it like being mum to 2-3 young children?

Replies

• my smallest gap was 10 mths , obviously not planned. that was between baby 2 and 3 and the gap between 1 and 2 was only 16 mths so i ended up with 3 kids in 2 years and 2 months. while it was mental at times i wouldnt change it for the world . rountine is very important but on the whole things just seem to work themselves out . image
  • i meant to say in my last message that we left a 4 year gap annd went on to have 2 babies 14mths apart . so its either manageable or im a glutton for punishment
  • Hi, I have 5 children aged 6,4,3,23mnth and 9mth... I have had all mine close and I am trying for number 6...

I get alot of attention when out with the kids as they are all so young but I wanted a large family... I would not change it for the world! image
  • Sammy that sounds lovely! good look with no 6. image

I have 5 there is 9 1/2 years between 1 & 2 but 13 months between 2 & 3 (age6 & 5 this week) and 17 month between 4 & 5 (22 months and 5 months)

I love small age gaps and i wouldn't change it for the world image It is hard work but the kids are so close and play together great.

Although noisy!:lol: