Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

pregnant and not sure what to do!

im a single mum of 1 i was dateing a man for a month only had sex once weve since split up and now ive found out im pregnant and dont know what to do, i dont know how to aproach him and tell him. do i txt him and say or ask him to meet me?. i dont want him to think that i want to be with him and thats my way of getting back together with him,i dont know how to go about it. im scared incase he dismisses what i say and isnt interested in the child, and think if i leave it too long he might think its not his and not believe me.

Replies

• Options
    how old are you? what support do you have? what do you want?

he has a right to know so you do have to tell him. i would get it over with sooner then its one less thing to worry about.

work out what you want but i would not rely on this guy no matter what he says, if he says he'll stand by and he does then its a bonus.

xxxxxxx
  • Options
    p.s go on to "pregnant" and post...more people are on there to offer advice x
  • Options
    Hi There,

It must be quite confusing for you, at the moment when this isn't something you planned. I would advise telling your ex though, whether or not he wants to be a part of the baby's life he should know. If it were me I would call/text asking to me as there was something I needed to discuss, and go from there. If he doesn't want to be involved you'll always know he had the chance, and so will the child. If you don't give him the chance, the child could resent you later in life. I agree with MummyEms though, plan for this pregnancy and baby alone and don't be dependent on him, and anything more is a bonus. Also he prob should be paying child support regardless of whether or not he wants to be involved. Good luck x