Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone seen Alice yet?

Hey ladies,

Just wondering if anyone has seen Tim Burton's Alice movie yet? I really want to take my little one as she loves the story and the characters but I'm wondering whether it will be too frightening for her. Any help but be greatly appreciated? Amy x

Replies

• Hi How old is your lo?  I thought it was quite grown up. I took chloe who is 10 (she enjoyed it) but dont think my son Dylan who is just six would have understood it - but maybe he would have enjoyed it on a level without understanding it iykwim.
  • Hi Emma - My lo is almost seven but she's quite grown...what do you think? Can it appeal to all ages? Amy
  • OMG I saw preview for that at pics last week,I found it dark never mind children!!!!!!!image

I love horror/thrillers but I thought it was creepy!!! Hope everyone who watches it enjoys it tho-he does produce good films.

• Yes i've seen it - thought it was quite dark. I went to see it sans child though but noticed there were quite a few little ones there - some as young as 5, which I was surprised about because some of the scenes were quite gloomy.  Didn't like Alice though - she looked emacipated!
  • Thanks for the replies ladies. My LO is only 7 so reading your comments I think it may be a little too old for her. I thought it looked quite dark from the previews. I quite fancy it though so might have to drag DH along instead.

Thanks again 

Amy x

• I took my 3 older children at the weekend.  they are one boy of 7 and two girls age 8 and 5, and my 5 year old said it was not scary.  I think she was dissapointed that she wasn't scared!

The film is enjoyable enough, and has some laughable moments.

• Hi worked on the foreign versions of this film and would say 7 or 8 with lots of prior and post discussion is good. The story is not the same as the original but takes Alice back as a young adult. It's visually stunning however note there is a scene of village terror (Mad Hatter recalling) in the first few reels and a rather loud fight scene with Jabberwocky in the last 30 minutes which may be frightening. Other than that it should be ok - comparable to Lion Witch and Wardrobe I would say.