Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Mums mean to Mums

I have just read an article on the Daily Mail website along with some of the comments, I know it's my fault as it was the Daily Mail, but the comments were all tit for tat digs at Mums.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1262660/My-mum-said-life-children--I-know-right.html

Bottle feeders having a go at breast feeders. Working Mums narky with stay at home mums.

What's going on?

We're all doing the same job, hopefully to the best of our ability as the 'bonus' in this job is a happy healthy adult!! Why do some women feel the need to slate other women?

I was really quite depressed when I had finished reading it. What have you guys found?

Replies

• that is just the bitchiness of a lot of women!  i try to think of it as they are trying to make themselves feel better, so they'll put me (or someone else) down to make them feel better.
  • Yeh lots of women are like that.It's almost like they need to prove they are better than someone else.Maybe they have insecurities,and it makes them feel better.There are many different ways to be a Mum,whether you're working,at home,like you say Buster,bottle feeding ,breast feeding.As long as you're taking care of your baby and you and baby are happy ,why feel the need to critisise someone for the simple reason they don't agree with you.It's very often the case that what works for one person might just not work for another,and we all have different wants needs and outlooks on life and motherhood.

There are websites where it seems the bitchiness is common place,but I avoid those like the plague.Mostly people here are nice,and I use one other site where I've found the same.I think if you don't have something polite to say don't say it.You wouldn't say it to another Mum's face,or at least most of us wouldn't.

I was actually stunned by a comment on Circle of Moms(Facebook)A woman told me I should pray for guidance because my toddlers watch Waybuloo.It has yoga and meditation and levitation in and is therefore evil and corrupting my childrenimage.She was an American lady ,she'd not seen the show herself but was going on comments made by one person,picking out the bits that suited her and felt the need to offer her guidance.That's a particularly bad site for bitchiness,I 've seen so much nastiness on that particular site I just don't go there.

I think we have little enough spare time to waste it on being nasty to others.

• Buster hun-ignore the article image

I know exactly what you're saying tho,I assumed bitchiness was left in the school yard-how very wrong!!! It is very sad that some mums want to have a pop at others for a difference in lifstyle choice-how ridiculous.

Live and let live,as Jo said,you have nothing polite to say-don't bother.

This site is friendly,I actually left netmums-not because of bitchiness to me but reading the horrible,personal attacks on some mums on there,life's hard enough without other mums having a go aswel.

There is sadly bitching everywhere,from workplace,forums to the school yard-which I find tragic but I'm afraid it's life. I tend to avoid negative people and try not to read that many articles which may get my back up,life's too short to spend it upset or angry. I just buy pp now-I'm safer reading that than the paper!!!!!! X

• Hi all

I couldnt agree more, I'm still not fully joined up to the mum club yet (although I am trying to work out if I am in early labour at mo). I have found people only really seem interested in if we found out what we are having, how we are planning to feed, if I am going to return to work and when....I feel like I constantly have to defend/justify our decisions. But your right it shouldn't be like this, I love PP and have found of all the mags I have been given/bought it covers so many different areas and always gives support to all rather than passing judgement.

I am with the others on this, ignore the article. Put the paper down, pick up your PP and have a cuppa while thinking of how amazing your little one(s) are.

xx
  • Ooh exciting, any more news?
  • Nope nothing further to report, the period like cramps have stopped image

Really want to meet bubba now, am getting antzy now...
  • Hi Diana-any news??????

Not going to ask all the bitchy questions like above!!!!!! Just wondered if your'e bouncing on a birthing ball??? Good luck hun I hope you get to meet Bubba soon x x x

• Hiya, well turns out i was in early labour.... It didnt establish a pattern though so i missed it. My waters had been leaking out since that night so was taken in on the wed and was joined by our beautiful baby girl at 00:07 on the Friday. We have called her Evie, she is two weeks old today and still keeping us up at night (bless her tiny fingers and toes)

xx
  • Oh CONGRATULATIONSimageimageimageimage

What wonderful news,hope you are all doing well x x x

• Congratulations,Diana.Welcome to the world baby Evie.

Lovely nameimage

• Congrats!! xx