Forum home General Chat General chat

New here and also new to TTC!

Hi All,

I've just signed up and am really new to all this but looking forward to speaking to others who are TTC.

I got married three months ago and the hubby and I have decided it's time to try to start a family - we've been together for ten years. I stopped taking microgynon on 19th June and had W/B from 19th - 25th June. Now just waiting for AF to come which I have heard can take a while having just come off BCP.

We're so excited at the thought of having a baby but the waiting is tough. I can't even work out when I'm ovulating yet. Is there anything I should be doing other than just waiting for first AF?

So glad to have found a website where I can chat with others in same boat!

Replies

• Hi Lucinda!

I got married 2 and half years ago and now me & the hubby have decided to start "trying"

Been off the pill 2 months and my body has gone crazy!

I found an app on my andriod phone called "my days" it's really useful. you can chart your periods and it'll tell you when your fertile days are. i didn't fancy doing ovulation tests and temperature bits, mood killer! I started taking a multi vitamin with folic acid in it too so i can be prepared just in case!

The first month we were trying, i was so over excited and the withdrawal effects from cilest made me certain i was pregnant. i was so down when it turned out i wasn't. I've clamed down now and I'm happy just to wait it out although i want to sort my body out so i can really know what's going on.

Hope you are enjoying the trying!
  • Hey ladies,

I had been on the pill for about 10 years and my partner & I just decided to start trying last month so I stopped taking it. I had been recommended to try ovulation tests and although I was a bit sceptical, figured it couldn't do any harm so gave them a go and we just got our BFP 2 days ago so its happened the very first month for us!! Maybe it would've happened anyway without using the tests but I think they helped as at least it means you know you're 'trying' at the best possible time of the month. I used the Clear Blue Ovulation Tests but i'd guess any make is just about as good.

Very best of luck to you both, I really hope it happens for you soon too as the waiting is rubbish - and as it is we already have 9 months to wait!!!

Let me know how you get on xx