Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

curvy mums

Hi I'm pregnant with my second child and there is a large gap, my how things have changed. i went shopping last week and got even more broody but also dissappointed that maternity clothes only go up to a size 20. i am only 5 weeks and al quite curvy already so size 20 fits me now it's fine i can go to evan and buy the next size up fine . But in mothercare thay go a commical t shirt with mr bump on it and  a caption "mind the bump" so cute i thought but no chance i could have one as size 20 is the maximum.

i have searched on line and no one does comical maternity wear ;-( xx

has anyone any suggestion apart from designer bin bags and or sacks and fabric pens mmm DIY x

Replies

• Saw this site a while back.Got some funny maternity Tshirts.Sizes look quite generous.

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/evilgeniusstore/1993389

• Thank you will have a look xx
  • I went ot Evans near me & asked if they did maternity wear & the girl at my local shop said no because 'we don't encourage fat people to get pregnant'. A few upset sniffles later I found out Asda do maternity wear. Not all stores stock it so it's worth checking but it covers all sizes & doesn't cost a fortune. I also pinched a load of my step dads t.shirts for dossing round the house. Don't let clothes get you down, I know it can be so hard to find something. I wish I could still wear my maternity wear. It was so comfy & really soft material. Dorethy Perkins so some but I find that the bottoms are snugg fittings but the tops are quite roomy.
  • Thank you sym will have a mooch around x

take care xx

• next go up to size 22. Also littlewoods have a range which goes up to 22 and simply be do a small range as well. Also, check out ebay, I got some good stuff on there too.

As for the Evans comment above, how outrageous. Everybody knows it's not ideal but it does happen that people fall pregnant carrying excess weight - we need stuff to wear too! image

• mmm at the end of the day, fat or thin people carry different risks, i am two sizes bigger than i was 10 years ago so will carry different but i have also lst 3 1/2 stone before concieving and will remain trying to loose weight under my midwifes guidance hey ho life to short to worry but we at curvy ladies have the right to have a sense of humour when pregnant like thin woman do xxx

thanks for taking the time to reply take care xxx

• To echo the other ladies,look on ebay,I've had most of my maternity gear from ebay,obviously I need to loose weight,but mine was more money issue,I can't spend a fortune on capsule wardrobe for 9months!!!

How rude of staff in evans-that is awful Sym,I hope you boycott in future (trouble is they do have very nice clothes)

Mm Tania asda is very good price wise as Gemma said.

Hope you find a logo t-shirt hun x