Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

wedding gift how much?

not really a baby topic but we are going to our friends wedding, he is godfather to our son, and hubbie is usher, but im not sure how much to give them as a wedding gift, they want a cheque, and i would hate to give too little, but at the same time, we dont have alot of money as the stag do cost ??1000, the wedding so far is costing ??200 for travel and accomodation, plus we have to do kilt hire,

i just dont know how much to give, i hate giving cheques at presents! incase it looks too little!

thanks

Replies

• It all depends on how much you can afford. When my OH was best man we gave ??50 plus some silly 'MR and MRS' passport covers and luggage tags.

For our wedding those who gave money rather than presents gave between ??20-100, some didn't give anything. Work out what you can afford and to be honest they are likely to just be chuffed you made to effort at the stag and coming to the wedding.

Mooomin x