Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

15 and pregnant..

Hi all,

Please don't judge

I'm 15, 16 in December, and found out 3 days ago that i am 9 weeks pregnant.

I'm good in school, and attend a private school, not sure how they are going to feel about me being pregnant. Have so much going through my head... :? :?

Replies

• Options
    Do you have someone you can talk to? You really need to sit down and discuss your options with someone. I am a teacher and I can tell you from personal experience that I have seen young girls choose to have their babies and, with the support of their families, manage to sit their exams, do very well and go on to eventually carve a career out for themselves. I have also had pupils who have come to the conclusion that they are not ready and have terminated their pregnancy. With the right support they have also gone on to do wonderful things with their lives. You have a choice to make and whatever you decide it isnt going to be an easy time for you over the next few weeks and months, so please confide in someone you trust (an adult) and surround yourself with support. You might find that people will be judgemental, particularly if you choose to terminate your pregnancy, but remember, this is your life and you need to make the choice that is right for you. My biggest peice of advice to you would be to not tell any of your peers until you have made a decision. No offence, but teenagers can be horribly critical of each other and that is not what you need right now. Good luck and take care xx
  • Options
    Hi Cherrie I'm 31 but had my first baby when I was 15. My school wasnt very good and I wasnt allowed back but I ended up going to college when she was 6 months old to get my GCSEs and my daughter went in the nursery there.

I know it will be difficult but you need to speak to someone whether its a teacher or a counsellor that the doctors could arrange.

Lots of luck to you xxxx
  • Options
    hi i fell pregnant with my first baby at 19. i chose to continue my pregnancy. i had support from a very shocked mum and dad and my wonderful daughter is now 6 and has a younder sister of almost 2.(hey im even married,pwn my own home and been to uniimage)

how do you feel about being pregnant?? obv it will be a shock but from experience it doesnt matter what your school thinks, or what your friends think or anyone else, it will be you that has to live with whatever decision you make but please dont let anyone chose for you either way.

best of luck and in any case everychild is a blessing so congratulations xx