Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Buying Clothes for Tweens

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone had difficulties buying clothes for tweens (8-12 year olds)?

There are lots of designers doing children collections and I was wondering whether anyone has bought any designer clothing for their children, and did you find there was better quality for the price you paid?

Would be great to hear anyones thoughts on this topic!!

Rosie  image

Replies

• Hi Rosie

My oldest three are 11,boy,and 2 girls age 10 and 8.I don't buy anything designer.There's a time for that,when they save up for it and buy it themselves.You can find you're paying an awful lot of money for something they won't wear very long,and may not last very long.I don't like that you pay just for having a name on it,and it doesn't neccessarily mean it's any better quality.

I nearly always buy Next.Their clothes go up to 16,they're good quality,they last well enough to hand down to a younger child in our house.I  think they're nice,modern without being too trendy.Marks have some fairly nice stuff in for older children.I have shopped at Primark or Peacocks but usually am diappointed with what I get.Doesn't usually last long.

• I' d  agree.  I have also shopped in Primark, and Tesco, but the clothes do not stay in good enough condition to hand down.  Saying that, my 9 year old daughter is so skinny, and I have found the trousers in Primark are sometimes skinny enough for her, but I doubt if they'll do her sister.
  • My daughter is 9yrs, she loves her own style - I find it so hard to buy her something she likes.
    I have to show her everything before I buy it, but I mostly buy from Next and new look.
    I refuse to buy designer because of the prices, if it was on ebay then I might...