Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

baby girl names

im looking for an unusual name for my baby girl, shes due christmas day and i have wrote a list but still can't pick one out, i would like a name with something-Faith lol all suggestions are welcome image

Replies

• Holly Faith??? Bit of xmas feel but very original,the welsh version is Celyn,which I think is pretty.

I'm really stuck on a boys name!!!!! How strange,me and the big fella can always agree on girls but never boys,we are having another boy and want something traditional,then I 'll just spell it the welsh way!!!!! But really cannot agree. I'm warming to Harri,but with having 3 and the first being Tom,......yup tom,dick and harri!!!!! Think that's what people will say!!!

Erin Faith

Seren Faith (star in welsh)

Lana,Libby or Lucie??  I also like Isabel,Caitlin and Bethan. Hope you find a solution very soon,I'd picked my other boys names by 20 week scan,so this time I'm worried now we can't come up with anythingimage

• oh wow Holly-Faith is lovely, well for boys i always liked the name Riley if thats any help, when are u due? i have another scan tomorrow? shes very small so i need growth scans every 2 weeks now but they say im not to worry, problem is when u read up on your notes theres always that niggle that makes u worry lol x
  • What about

Evie Faith

Ava Faith

Sorry i'm not much help, i stuggled with my daughters name, its the only one me and my OH agreed on!

• Evie Faith is lovely thank youimage x
  •  My fav girls name is Grace but something different - my auntie Annas daughter is called Savannah. 

I also like Sophia, Isobel, Bethan but a few of them have been mentioned before, My sister loves Faith but sounds strange when she says it, I love Holly too, Seren Faith is unusual - like thant

I had lots of girls names and not many boys, Martin wasnt very decisive and I Thought it should be a joint thing!

It might be that when she is born you really decide on a name when you see her - hope ths scans are okay x

• Hope scan goes well Sarah,I have opposite prob-mine is big!!!!!image

Doesn't matter what they tell you,you'll worry,it's nature. Hope scans do reassure you though.

A friend of mine has a Riley! So that's out!!!! Ian says I ahve too many friends-right cos that would make choosing easierimage

I'm scared to wait until the birth in case I still cant come up with anything!!!!! I'm due to have a section on 7/12,but there is talk of bringing it forward as they are bit worried bout measuremants!!!! Last time at 30week I was measuring 33 and 4 day??????So who knows! Will they leave you after xmas if no sign?

• hi sarah how about ebony, eden, willow, lorna, sienna, hermionie???

and rachel what about alfie, or archie, connor or edward????

hope that helps girls x

• Mm thanks Zoe,funny enough Alfie sprang to mind last night,I've always liked Edward,because Eddie is a cool nickname,Ian the problem with that choice tho!

Is Alfie too cute for a whopper tho???? I dont think so,could be a bruisers name!!!!!! Edward sounds delicate,could just go with Ed!!!!! Cheers hun,I love Eden for a girl tho-how unusual,like that a lot,hope Sarah likes it!!! Eden Faith is very pretty.

• I love Lily for girls names, we have first name then flower for our girls. Mia Poppy & Ava Lily. I don't know why but adding a flower just seemed to make their names even prettier.

We may decide to have one more in a few years time. We've picked the names already. For a boy, Ellwood Ash (can be shortened to Eddie or Woddy) & for a girl Layla Rose.

I think the name Faith is lovely. I really liked the names Hope, Faith & Grace.

Good luck, let us all know what you decide on. X

• i liked Lily-Mae at first but like i say still unsure, just hope one jumps out soon enough, my scan wasn't too bad but there are talking steriods to streghten her lungs and inducing me, thats if the next two scans still show problems, 26th oct and 2nd nov then on 8th nov they may start the injections, they are thinking that it could be my placenta malfunctioning and not feeding her properly if thats the case then they will need to get her out and put her in special care baby unit. but thats best chance so i would go with it. x
  • Well good job you're being monitored then,sounds like they have a plan ready in place,which is reassuring for you. Hope if steroids are th next step they are ok x
  • my little girl is lily-may and i look at her every day and love the sound of her name-if i had another girl id go for sophia grace as its so exotic-i like theo and joseph for a boy and elliot
  • well next scan is coming up on 26th, really wondering now whats going on in there.
  • Another growth check scan? Probably hospital being over cautious but best thing really. I'm free til 2/11 which is just a midwife checkimage
  • I have been struggling to with a girls  name,  my partner and I have 6 boys between us and up until the 20wk scan only had boy names picked out,  we were so surprised and over the moon to find out we are having a little girl in January.   I think we have decided on the name Trinity but also love the name Skye....Its so hard, so many pretty names to choose.    I hope all goes well with you and your little one, I know how worrying it must be, I have had a early baby and he had to be in icu for his first month, his now a healthy 22yr old, neo natal units are so good these days and so advanced. x

• Hi

I had growth scans every few weeks as I had suffered a Pulmonary Embolism (blood clot in lung) and was on medication when I conceived. My little boy who is now 2 us fine and a wonder.

As for names I have a James Edward, Kathryn Grace and Lewis Samuel. Girls names in our family and friends  are:

Ava, Tabitha, Matilda, Grace, Rose, Ruby, Lily, Beth, Mia, Sophie, Eleanor, Jasmine, Yasmina.

Am sure all will be well and no matter what name you chose your child will be loved xx

• its actually a scan to check the fluid, placenta and cord on the 26th and my next growth scan is the 2nd november. then i go back on the 8th november to discuss whats what with the consultant all within a week of each other, its very confusing. i love all your comments, they are so helpful and full of advice, thanks everyone ximage
  • Typical of hospitals, don't think they realise that if they booked you in for a scan and a chat on the same day..it would make things easier for you and for them.

Hope all goes OK, take care xxxx

• Just read your bit about steroids, with my eldest I had steroid injections at 26 weeks as he was making a appearance...lucky he decided not to come early and ended up two weeks late. It was a very scary time and as a mum it can be amazing to see your little one grow into a strapping 9 year old. Thinking of you all xxxx
  • ok i have had my scan and the placenta and cord is functioning how it should be so thats a relief and the liquor volume is normal. my next growth scan is on the 2nd nov, i can stop feeling guilty now i know tht shes getting enough out of me lol. x