Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can anyone help me with a carseat dilemma

HI All,

I am really hoping you can help. We drive a nissan almera tino, 2005, and it has unusual seatbelts. It buckles up as normal, but on the alternate side the webbing of the belt comes out of a plastic casing on a tab - very similar to that of the buckle side.

This is causing massive problems due to buckle crunch - not on the side you would expect. We have tried so many avenues, and are running out of options. It is looking like the only seat that will fit is the Kiddy and a really hate it! We have tried a Maxi Cosi Tobi, and most people are undecided on whether it is ok or not, so not sure what to do.

Does anyone drive this car and have the same belts, or know anyone who does, or, have any other suggestions?!

We don't have isofix, can't change the seatbelts either image(

Thank you for your help.

Replies

• Oh no what a headache!  My sister had this problem with an older style BMW - sometimes the garages sell car seats that fit their own make/model cars. We have a maxi cosi tobi and love it but if some people think not ok prob best to avoid.  A big mothercare superstore is normally quite good.

I would just try lots of places, my sister had to go to Halford, Mamas & papas, mothercare, bmw garage and so on

A car seat is so important, I hope you manage to resolve the situation soon.

There is a website I think you can check which car seat is likely to fit in your car, not sure if it is britax, someone else o here maybe able to advise you on that.

Good Luck! x

• Thank you for your help.

We have tried 3 Halfords, one said no, one said yes, and one wasn't sure. An independent place and 2 fitters, one thought it was ok, and the other didn't, 1 mothercare said they were unsure.

Really don't know what to try......does anyone drive this car or know of someone who does?

Aggghhhhhhh!

• We had similar problems with buckle crunch, have you tried Concord Car seats?

We have one for my 3 year old from birth and I've found it fits in all my families cars. We are buying the Concord next stage one now he's almost 4.

Otherwise, maybe phone Nissan customer support and ask which seats they recommend?
  • Hi Emma,
    how old is your child?
    I am mum of three and for the oldest I decided to get one of the Easycarseats. Well I don't have it yet but I am expecting the delivery tomorrow. So then I can tell you more image.
    It is made for children 3years up. Here is their website www.easycarseat.com .

Good luck!