Forum home General Chat General chat

MY DD's First Bday

Hiya Mums,

My dd first b'day is on the way (next week), I am confused about the bday presents and party theme... mums please help me out..

Replies

• Keep it simple hun,avoid stress,I know every mum wants the most special day,massive milestone,but you DD wont realise,she'll be just glad of a bit of extra fuss and cuddles!!!!

I'm a bit mean,I only got lads £10 gifts,they soon ask for everything and anything!!!!

A nice tea with family and close friends always a winner! X GOOD LUCK

• I had a big ish get together at my house, close friends and family, cooked a massive chilli with jackets - easy to avoid stress and something different for the children.

I have to say you can easily go overboard, buy her something she needs for her birthday - Harry at nearly three has just started to say, i want that, I  like one of those/them - at quite a lot in xmas books and tv ads!

Have fun, hope it goes well

• It's very easy to go overboard,we did for my eldest.He had that many toys,it was just silly.They don't know what it's all about,they don't need that many toys,a few well chosen ones that do different things would be more sensible.Just one shape sorter,just one musical push button thing,just one pull along,whatever things your baby likes.

For the party,I'd keep it simple,just baby friendly finger foods,a cake and balloons.It's a special day but it's baby's special day,a big party's not necessary,and I certainly wouldn't worry with a theme.Baby won't notice.For my eldest we got a foil helium ballon with Teletubies on,he loved that but that was a far as we went.With the others it's just been family,tea and cake.

Enjoy your baby's special day.image