Forum home General Chat General chat

WHICH TRAVEL SYSTEM, HELP!

Hi,

I have recently found out that i am pregant and am now 7 weeks. I know it is still early days but i am overly excited and have already begun planning my pregnancy and what i need to buy for my baby.

As a regular atendee of baby shows, both trade and consumer (i own my own brand of changing bag) i have seen so many different products and am already thinking about which travel system i would like. I think i have narrowed it down to two: The Mamas and Papas Mylo or the Bugaboo Chameleon.

I would love to have your feedback if you have experience of either of these travel sytems and all their plus points, or nagative points!  Also how easily they fit in your car? I have a freelander plus a dog..would i be able to fit both in the boot do you think!?

Look forward to hearing all your comments.

Jess xx 

Replies

• Hi Jess

Congrats on your pregnancy! I can only speak from my experience with the Bugaboo Cameleon.  I  personally loved this pram with my newborn, really spacious, great accessories so you don't get bored, fab with the carseat adapters too.  I found this really light and easy to push.....however on the downside, my little one is 18months old now and no longer fits into his Cameleon anymore!!! His head is up to the hood, and the seat is shallow and if I am honest he is NOT the biggest child!  That was my disappointment to be honest.  When you next go into town have a look at the average age of the children in the Cameleons, it speaks for itself! Bugaboos do have a 2 year guarrantee and I have used mine, customer services were really helpful compared to Mamas and Papas who only give a 6 month guarrantee on their prams...plus their customer services have had alot of bad reviews on the internet.  I personally went out and bought the Stokke Xplory this time and its my fav by far as its got loads of growing space and your baby is high up...plus you can use it as a highchair when you are in cafes etc!  I have had the M&P Pliko Pramette in the past for my other children but I found it awkward and heavy compared to the Cameleon.  Ultimately its your decision!!

Hope this helps!!

Jayne xx

• Thanks Jayne.

That info was all very helpful. My only worry is the size of the Chameleon folded, it looks quite bulky especially becasuse of the large back wheels. Did you find it easy to fold and put in the car?

I did like the Stokee, but when i saw it in the fleash was not so keen, it seems quite big to me...?

Jess xx

• Hi Jesss,

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Must bee really exciting for you image

I love the Bugaboo Cameleon as I have it myself, but it is indeed a bit bulky to put in the back of your car, like many others. But as Jayne mentions, it is great for a newborn and very easy to manouvre. 

I also have the Bugaboo Bee (as travel a lot between Sweden and The Netherlands, I have the Bee at my moms place for when we are there). And I love this one even more than the Cameleon. It is even lighter to use and it is much smaller when folded. You can even use it for new borns if you buy the basinett that goes with it. And it seems that they can use it for quite a while as here i Stockholm I see 4 years old still sitting in their Bee's...

Hope this helps...

Bernadet

• Thanks Bernadet.

I thought about the bee, i do like that and it is very small and compact, i just wasn't sure it was the best for newborns as there is no real carrycot. I will have a look at that one as well!

Still a long way to go so im sure i will figure it out by the time i need to buy one!

All comments very much appreciated, thank you. 

• Hello, congrats on the baby !

I have just purchased a Bee for my baby due in January = I spent many hours over many days in John Lewis playing with the Bee and the Chameleon, and I did prefer the Bee even though it doesnt have the solid carry cot like I wanted.

The reason is that this is my 3rd and final baby and I couldnt justify spending £1000 almost on a pram that would only see me through 1 baby and had many features that I just wouldnt use.