Forum home General Chat General chat

Hi Ladies...back trying again after 2 ectopics

Hi Ladies we have decided to start trying again...but I seem to be seeing everyone having babies and getting pregnant around me!

My cousin has just had a baby girl,a friend of ours has just had a baby boy and my brother in laws girlfriend has just had a baby girl on Sunday....

Anyway I went to the Dr to ask about trying again and she said after having 2 ectopics one in the left and one in the right. All I could do was leave it to chance :?

Replies

• Hi

I am sorry to hear about your past history. I have had an ectopic and an MC so my history isn't brilliant either. I have a DD who was conceived just after the ectopic and am now 26 weeks into my fourth pregnancy, second baby

How did they treat your ectopics? I assume you have at least one tube in situ? Did they give you any reason for the ectopics?

I lost my right tube with my ectopic and was petrified I would struggle to get pregnant again. It actually hasn't seemed to affect it particularly luckily. It does mean that I get scanned early on to check that everything is developing in the right place, as they don't want to risk me losing my remaining tube too

Good luck to you xx
  • the 1st pregnancy I lost naturally after being admitted into Hospital with severe pains. I knew something was wrong when I started losing blood and the pain was worse than I had ever had. I was in hospital for a week and just had to go back for blood tests.

The 2nd time I was very early as I had been advised by the hospital to ring the EPU as soon as I knew I was pregnant. This one was on 5 or 6 weeks so I had methatrexate and then just had to go back for blood tests until my levels went down.

They didnt say anything about getting pregnant again apart from that I had to plan my pregnancy and be careful. Also after the second time they said to wait 6 months before trying again. I've waited ages to start trying again and now I feel ready to try.

My period is due around the 5th,so I'm hoping this might be the lucky month image
  • Ah yes you will have had to wait as those drugs are pretty strong. I never had methotrexate, they just removed the tube straight away.

Best of luck to you, I really hope your next pregnancy goes well x