Forum home General Chat General chat

Planning to be a Mummy

Hi All,

I am very new to all of this so bear with me!  I am getting married in June and plan to come off my pill October time.  I would greatly appreciate any tips and advice people may have for falling pregnant and what to expect. 

XXX

Replies

• Hi Fifi, welcome to the site.

Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage & plans to become parents.  Every woman & every pregnancy is different so what works for some may not work for you & the same in reverse.

Generally coming off the pill can affect your cycles/ovulation & whilst some women will recover quickly & fall pregnant almost immediately, it can take several months for your body to adjust to the change of hormones & some women will be trying for years after.

If you are planning to conceive the general advice is to start taking folic acid & vitamin d.  The folic acid will help prevent neural tube defects in the growing baby & vitamin d will help prevent eclampsia in you.  You can also try ovulation sticks & fertility monitors to help you judge the best time for you to conceive.

Whilst trying to conceive you can share tips & experiences/frustrations on the trying/planning boards.  Once you fall pregnant you can then share your experience with other mums in the pregnancy/Due in ... forums (alas no-one can tell you what to expect at this point as having been through two completely different pregnancies you don't know until it happens).

Best wishes & good luck to you.